Budget Tripod

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
I know this has been asked before but I'll ask again and for my situation. I got a Vortex Diamondback spotter for Christmas (20-60 angled). I would like to find a good tripod for less than $150. Since it's a budget optic, I'd like to keep the tripod fairly cheap too. I'm only going to be using it in Pennsylvania mostly for scouting deer and fun, with the occasional vacation out west. So weight isn't a big issue as long as it's not crazy heavy. It's more or less a luxury item to have for me, it won't really be a necessity when hunting, so I'm not gonna throw a ton of money into it. As long as it's stable, good quality and easy to use I'll be happy. I'm up for any suggestions. Thanks!

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved

Have one of these for sale in classifieds. Carbon fiber, 1.8lbs, packable but steady. $120 shipped and insured.

OP
applepie_eli

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider

Have one of these for sale in classifieds. Carbon fiber, 1.8lbs, packable but steady. $120 shipped and insured.

Thanks! I think I'll just wait a bit and get a feel for my options before I buy right away. I really haven't researched at all so I don't want to jump the gun too quick. I wouldn't mind picking one up in a store somewhere where I can actually look at it in person. But if it's still available when I'm ready to buy I'll get ahold of you for sure. Thanks a lot!

dmm08300

Lil-Rokslider
I know it's a little more than your budget, but I would look at the promaster xcm-525c. lightweight, rugged and rock solid, even use mine to soot off of.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
For the money I think it's tough to beat the Slik Sprint Pro or Slik Sprint Mini (depending on the height you need). I have and use both. The pro weighs 28 oz without head and the mini weighs 23 oz without head. Here's a pic of the pro.

x3OJwxX.jpg

Dschwan

WKR

I have carried this set up all over the back country and have been very pleased with it. It is a little shorter in height if you are one to stand and glass but other than that it suits my needs.

I seen Camerland is offering some good deals on Sirui products on the forum

Last edited:
I used a Vortex Optics Pro GT hunting Coues deer for 4 days.

I use it year round as my shooting range tripod. Very sturdy and easy to adjust. The head was fine for my use. Spent hours glassing for deer with it, standing and sitting. I also add a BOG shooting rest to it for shooting longer distances. I would get something lighter if I was going to pack it all over the back country for days at a time. But for my multi purpose needs of it, I like it.

Since weight is not a huge issue look at the Promaster X-CM 522 or 525 Aluminum versions on our web site. They are 20% off for you right now. We also have a GREAT deal for members here on the Sirui A-1005 with a ball head. Normally $139.99, would be $109.99

Call me with any questions

tunafed

FNG
What's the price range of those Slik Sprints?
I paid 120 for the sprint pro ez about a year and a half ago. Its held up well for hunting, range/chrono work and the wifes photography hobby. I'm sure it doesn't compare to the top tier ones but, got no real complaints for the price. Probably gonna have to get to get another tripod before hunting season this year as the wife is slowly taking it over.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk