Budget tripod

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Hi. Looking for a flatland we can have some weight budget tripod with its primary use being for a spotting scope and maybe some varmint gun use at times. Have a cheap lw velbon and it just doesn’t have the stability for using a spotter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry folks.

I’d love for something sub 200$... sub 100$ would be even better.

I use it for summer whitetail glassing and woodchuck spotting.

Looked at the bogpod death grip but that seemed all gun and not spotter friendly. Again I won’t be carrying it much so weight doesn’t matter. The stem?neck that I have to crank up on my current bipod has it so shaken that if I touch the spotter it shakes out of the current FOV.

archp625

WKR
The V
Sorry folks.

I’d love for something sub 200$... sub 100$ would be even better.

I use it for summer whitetail glassing and woodchuck spotting.

Looked at the bogpod death grip but that seemed all gun and not spotter friendly. Again I won’t be carrying it much so weight doesn’t matter. The stem?neck that I have to crank up on my current bipod has it so shaken that if I touch the spotter it shakes out of the current FOV.

Sent from my i
The Vortex Summit SS-P would fit the bill. You can get one between $120-150 depending if you find a new or used one. I'm not a Vortex fan but this tripod is pretty light and compact.

If you want the best bang for your buck the Sirui T-024SK with a B-00 Ball head or VA-5 head would be awesome.

Fatcamp

WKR
I've been using a Vortex High Country I bought used for a couple seasons. Little flimsy bit held up well.

Have a Vanguard, too. Heavy, but it was cheap and is rock solid.

JGTWI

WKR
Classified Approved
The V

The Vortex Summit SS-P would fit the bill. You can get one between $120-150 depending if you find a new or used one. I'm not a Vortex fan but this tripod is pretty light and compact.

If you want the best bang for your buck the Sirui T-024SK with a B-00 Ball head or VA-5 head would be awesome.
Yep. I have both the Vortex and the Sirui with the VA-5 head. The sirui is definitely nicer, mostly due to the head.
For whitetails/woodchucks I think the vortex would be fine.
I also have a Bog pod that I use as a shooting rest. With their ball head, it might very well work fine for occasional spotter use, and the attachments change out very smoothly. It would certainly be cheaper than the other two.

I got the Slik Sprint Mini after seeing it recommended on here by I believe @aktroutbum and have been very happy with it. Sub $100 and I've caught my buddy with a Vortex tripod eyeing it with envy more than once.

Bdm6686

FNG
I’d give Doug at cameralandny a call. I was in this same spot and he hooked me up with a solid recommendation for a sirui carbon tripod and video head. I don’t recall the exact budget but if you give them a call and lay out a budget, in my limited experience they’ll hook you up with a great choice.

OP
G

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Will check out both the Vortex and the Slik then give Doug a buzz