Buffalo Bore 10mm copper dangerous game ammo

mcseal2

WKR
I bought some of this expensive stuff to try through my G20. It has a 22lb spring and KKM barrel. I have had acceptable reliability with Underwood 200gr Hardcast, but still got a failure to feed once or twice per 50 rounds. I have a thread I’ll link from a while back when I was dealing with reliability issues, trying about everything.

I decided to try the newer Buffalo Bore 190’s and ran 4 boxes (80 rounds) with no issues. It shot very well also and to the same point of aim as my 180gr 1250fps practice ammo.

I don’t know that its any better than the 200 hardcast, it may not even be as good. The bullet is more rounded. It may be an option for some who have had issues with hardcast reliability though.

I’d like to shoot more, but at $2.66 per round I’m going to hold off until closer to my next hunt. I have enough left for the trip and some practice before in case I can’t get more.

Anyone else tried this ammo?

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Link to my old thread about this Glock

chinook907

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the report.

I haven't shot any of the Buffalo Bore 190 loads but I got some of the bullets from Lehigh and will be loading them up for my S&W 1006. Am hopeful that 180gr loads with less expensive bullets shoot the same out of my gun also.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It shoots well out of my Glock but every type of ammo I’ve used has also shot well out of it. Right now the g20 that I’ve been taking out is loaded with the 190g mono you are talking about.

trapperJ

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had any issues with Underwood's 200 gr hard cast in a stock G20 or a stock G29. Haven't fired hundreds of this ammo through them but enough to feel safe.

BjornF16

WKR
I need to order some more BB dangerous game ammo for my G20. 220 HC and 190 mono both run fine in my gun (KKM + 22lb).

What is the consensus of 190 vs 220 for bear protection?

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Just an update on this ammo. It runs perfect and shoots great through my Sig Tacops 10mm 1911 also. I’d say from what I saw so far anyone having trouble with hardcast should try this. It’s expensive but seems to feed well without modifying the gun.

KHNC

WKR
Glad you had good luck with their ammo. After experiencing the lack of customer service at Buffalo Bore, I will stick with Underwood in the future for my .40. Hardcast shoots good in my G22 from Underwood. First time i have tried their ammo. Have not had a chance to try Buffalo Bore and most likely wont.

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
Help me out here...what are you trying to say?

BjornF16

WKR
Ja, I saw that thread...I'm just having trouble interpreting your last sentence in post #8.

Are you trying to say: Have not had tried Buffalo Bore and most likely wont.

KHNC

WKR
Ja, I saw that thread...I'm just having trouble interpreting your last sentence in post #8.

Are you trying to say: Have not had tried Buffalo Bore and most likely wont.
Well yes, it was auto correct on my phone. Didnt even realize it had changed to that.

Kotaman

WKR
I’m late to the game here, but looking for a 100% reliable round for my Glock 20 and 29. Underwood and Double Tap 220 HC are problematic in both. 200 grain HC are better in both but still not without 1 in 50 having a problem. Everything else runs flawlessly through both guns Including the 140 Underwood XTreme Penetrators.

I have an archery deer hunt on Kodiak in November and want something more reliable than the HC I’ve tried and a little heavier than the XTreme Predator. I think these might be the ticket. Thanks for the thread and heads up.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I do something similar with a Glock 30SF, shooting 255gr. BB hardcast in .45 Super, 23lb spring and a KKM barrel. No issues whatsoever.

Shraggs

WKR
I’m late to the game here, but looking for a 100% reliable round for my Glock 20 and 29. Underwood and Double Tap 220 HC are problematic in both. 200 grain HC are better in both but still not without 1 in 50 having a problem. Everything else runs flawlessly through both guns Including the 140 Underwood XTreme Penetrators.

I have an archery deer hunt on Kodiak in November and want something more reliable than the HC I’ve tried and a little heavier than the XTreme Predator. I think these might be the ticket. Thanks for the thread and heads up.
You might ask underwood for a pdf of some extensive testing that’s been done with that penetrater. Believe it was mostly military, it’s was long and extensive. Not saying it transfers to the big bears but it may give you some consideration and or comfort

Kotaman

WKR
You might ask underwood for a pdf of some extensive testing that’s been done with that penetrater. Believe it was mostly military, it’s was long and extensive. Not saying it transfers to the big bears but it may give you some consideration and or comfort
Yeah…I’ve read enough to not be afraid to use it if I have to. I can always lead with a 220 HC followed by the Underwood Xtreme Penetrator. The 190 BB Monos seem to be a happy medium and more reliable option for me than HC. I’ve got some time to test and try yet. I’ve done enough testing to know that HC in my guns isn’t 100%.

Shraggs

WKR
My g20sf stock 3rd gen handled literally any hard cast from bb or underwood. At least 100 of any flavor and able to pick what it liked. Underwood 200 hard cast, and the surprise was the penetrator! So I’ve gone to alternating it with hardcast.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve been using the 190g monos from Buffalo bore for a few years now. I have a KKM barrel in my g21 but I’ve still more or less expressly used these 190g dangerous game monos.