Bug bivy or nest for Silex

Luked

WKR
I have the SO Silex and trying to debate weather to get the nest or just get a bug bivy. What are your guys opinions. Would like to use the Silex around home and in the summer months and hate the bugs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I use a bug bivy cause I`m to lazy to pack the extra weight. In honesty I have never tried a nest. The extra room could be nice I guess,

If you don’t care about weight and main focus is keeping the bugs out get the nest. You will be able to sit up, eat a snack and do whatever without being confined. If weight is the issue I went with the bivy but once you are in there, your not doing much.

rclouse79

WKR
I did a trip this spring and the ticks were so bad I was wishing for a tent instead of my tipi and bug bivy. Even after checking myself I found one on my arm after I had zipped up my cocoon. I would have paid money for a tick free zone big enough to check myself. Call me a weenie, but I hate those little bastards.
If ticks were not an issue I would go with the bug bivy.

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
Borah sil bivy= 6oz
2mil painters tarp = 3oz

SO Silex nest= 17oz

The extra room sure is nice in bugville. It’s worth the extra 8oz to me.

Bivy for Mtn hunting when I want my sleep system together, clean, and critter free. Full tent (or nest) for summer camping when I want more bug free room and don’t mind the extra weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk