Bug repellant

Jmort1754

WKR
What have you guys found that works the best for bug repellent?. We normally use Deepwoods but I feel like it’s not as effective as it used to be.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Sawyer Permethrin treated clothes and picaridin spray or lotion on skin if they are really bad. Thermacell if stand or blind hunting.

Stonebear

FNG
Sawyer Permethrin treated clothes and picaridin spray or lotion on skin if they are really bad. Thermacell if stand or blind hunting.

This Permethrin/Picaridin combo is generally good. Depends on what kind of bugs we’re talking about though.

Nothing beats a physical barrier IMO.

LostArra

WKR
I apply Ultrathon in the morning to waist, legs, ankles and neck. Always Permethrin clothes, probably too often. I carry picardin lotion to add during the day if needed around neck and ears since it doesn't require gloves. For our bugs (especially ticks) Picardin (Euro deet) is not as effective as the Ultrathon which was developed by 3M for military use.

I second Thermacell for stand use on calm days.

I hate hunting in bugs and look forward to the first freeze. Nothing like waving away skeeters and a deer behind your stand picks up your movement.

jolemons

WKR
I've been using Picardin lately because of it's effectiveness against flies.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk