Bug Reppellent Clothing Options

Hello everyone, I'm new here, but like many of you I've used the forum as a resource prior to becoming active.

My question is: what is/are the best bug repellent clothing option(s)?

I know that Sitka released their Equinox Guard Hoody this year, but what else is out there? Or, better yet, do any of the currently available products work as advertised/are they worth the money?

I've looked into ExOfficio and it seems like Simms has some options. I'm looking for something that is lightweight and would do well in hot weather as I live in southern NM. Thanks.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
Forloh has an insect repelent line of clothing that supposedly will work for the life of the fabric.

I don't have any first hand experience with it however, but may try them out since I want to support USA based manufacturing.

Hello everyone, I'm new here, but like many of you I've used the forum as a resource prior to becoming active.

My question is: what is/are the best bug repellent clothing option(s)?

I know that Sitka released their Equinox Guard Hoody this year, but what else is out there? Or, better yet, do any of the currently available products work as advertised/are they worth the money?

I've looked into ExOfficio and it seems like Simms has some options. I'm looking for something that is lightweight and would do well in hot weather as I live in southern NM. Thanks.
Soak a neck scarf or shirt in diesel.
Hang it to dry, fully.

No fly's on you.

GWHunter

FNG
I use permethrin all the time. Just treated a handful of clothes for the upcoming turkey season. I buy the concentrate from a farm store and dilute it per the instructions. I even treat around my doors and back patio at home with it. Some say it doesn't work for mosquitoes, but ever since I've started using it they don't bother with me.

I'm guessing that this is sarcasm, but I'm sure it's effective.

You also never have to worry about starting a fire at night either... 2-for-1
Yes and no, it works...and likely less carcinogenic than the serious poisons people are happy to cover their bodies in to keep bugs away

Don't smoke or spend time around camp fires when wearing the clothes. 🔥🤪

- I learnt this trick from a Russian friend.
When the snow melts in Russia they get a serious issue with bugs.

Bbrinks

FNG
Permethrin has worked wonders keeping the ticks and mosquitos away. I use the martins concentrate like others so it’s pretty cheap to treat compared to buying sawyers. I haven’t done it, but you can also send your clothes to insectshield to have them permanently treated

AaronL50

FNG
I would second using permethrin. I treat my hunting clothes with it once in the spring and once in the fall and it does wonders. I still find the occasional tick on me, but it is only ever 1 or 2. I also like using lemon-eculyptus style bug spray on my skin and that helps as well.