Bugle report 2021

We really changed our attitude last year and didn't even worry about bugles anymore. Just hung near their bedding and feeding areas and we both killed. If they're talking, awesome! If not we're good too! That's even in super thick stuff where we can't glass.

Guys get too wrapped on hearing bugles I think (I have too) and over look elk basics.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mwebs

WKR
What’s the word out there? I’m back in the mountains this Thursday and will report, buddy saw the park elk going nuts this weekend but they don’t count.

any time i have been around branch bulls this season i have been able to get answered. i have always liked early season the best for calling.... might not be the crazy action, but they are easier to get in your lap this time of year when you get one bugling.

only heard one bull bugle on his own so far, 2 bulls back and forth non stop.... the wind made that short lived. got plenty close, but wasn't in a position to shoot when the wind betrayed me.

got on the big bull i have been trying to find last week, he was bugling a fair amount, a lion ran them out, so now i'm trying to locate them again (they'll be back regardless)

central oregon coast

hobbes

WKR
No bugles for my part in Montana yet, but that only represents a relatively small area.

Last edited:

Cowbell

WKR
Some places there are a LOT of bugles. Other areas, not so much. I’ll share some intel and specifics cause I know, no one I looking for my honey hole.

604 First Street Flora, MS 39071 United States
I got so many friends there I just want to start naming names

Usi05

WKR
Any exciting updates? Leaving Friday for ten days !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
Heard several hundred bugles in western Colorado this past weekend for muzzleloader opener, they were fired up! The muzzy guys put a hurting on the bulls from what I saw.

eagle_eye

FNG
I've heard elk bugle 6 out of the 8 days that I have hunted. Two days I didn't hear any elk, but a few hunters bugling where there were elk the week before. I managed to call in one spike, one 5 point raghorn, and 3 6x6 bulls. Missed the 5 and couldn't manage a shot on any of the others. The last bull I called in bugled in my face at 16 yards. Just about gave this 60 year old a heart attack.