Bugle Reports.

Fullfan

WKR
Not leaving until Sunday. Last several years I have seen a bugle report thread here, not seeing it yet.

What’s going on fellas? Bulls talking yet ?

I’m getting reports from South or Missoula in Montana, and from N/W Colorado. Both reports that the bulls are not taking. And it is HOT.

I guarantee there are bulls talking somewhere. I heard bulls bugling in July and August while scouting for deer here in Idaho, unfortunately it was in a unit I won’t be hunting elk in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaltyUte

Lil-Rokslider
It's ramping up and I've heard bugles here in Utah. Have a buddy in Western Wyoming saying the same thing.

Hearing a little bit that last couple of nights up in the Blues. 0530 here now, 43 degrees but it’s going to be 100 by mid afternoon. Seems like the the cool mornings woke them up so to speak. Looks like Friday the highs will only be in the 70s. Here in NE Oregon, that should carry east into at least western Montana.

In Western WA, the bulls are starting to cruise looking for cows. Had a 5 point tearing up a tree and hanging out in bow range two different mornings (in two different areas two miles apart) while out archery hunting for blacktail.

Randle

WKR
Nothing in North Id yet. Saw a 5pt with 7 cows not a peep from him

JDB9818

WKR
North central Colorado on opening weekend. Zero bugles, not even from other hunters, and the only elk coming to cow calls were a couple of spike bulls.

Still warm and feeling like summer.

Wrench

WKR
Sitting on a mtn in N.Id now. The 30th we heard at least 10 different bulls. 1-4th very chatty in the am. 5th and 6th have been pretty quiet. It's about to come uncorked.

I'm here till the end of September.

Had a bull bugle a little to a few cow calls 8 days ago. Moved closer, and called him into my buddy no shot opportunities.

Had a bull that bugled yesterday morning quite a ways up a ridge on the other side of a drainage I was in the bottom of. Moved into what I thought was 200-300 yards. Bull would not respond to any cow calls. Did a quiet bugle facing away from bull. He answered once. Sounded about 200 yards away. Got closer and he never made a peep. Stayed there for about a half hour and he never came in quietly either.

That’s it so far this year. Heading back out Saturday for 9 days, hoping for talking bulls when I head back. Hunting really thick timber and quiet elk isn’t super exciting!

Coffindaffer

Lil-Rokslider
SW Montana

Had at least 10 different bulls bugle like crazy the past 4 days.

Opening morning we had one within 100 yards before being blown out by another group that heard the bugling he was doing in response to our cow calling. Tragic end, but that’s public land hunting

This morning, 6 different bulls bugled like an orchestra for the first hour of daylight.

Some others in between

Been a good start to the season. Hopefully we can close the distance on one this week.

OP
Fullfan

Fullfan

WKR
Report from South of Missoula, bulls are talking at night. Two shooters came to cow calls yesterday. Weather change will be making things turn up

dtrkyman

WKR
Northern New Mexico bulls were going quite good for being so early, I was grouse hunting the first 2 days of Sept. and heard a few bulls in the evening on the first and the morning of the second I had one close that was getting after it!

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
In Northern NM. Saw a bull with eight cows this morning. Bull and cows split up as they headed to bedding area. Two lazy bugles after they split up.
One location bugle two days ago.
Cold front coming through right now. Hopefully they get fired up.