Bugle tube/cow call of choice?

BK Ammenwerth

Lil-Rokslider
I love the Phelps Gray amp and green amp. The gray for me is a do it all diaphragm. I can get super sexy cow whines and lip ball bugles all with the same reed. I carry a primos hyperlip external and my bugle of choice is Elknuts chuckler. Btw Paul if your reading this thanks again. 2017 I lost my old tried in true chuckler somewhere in that hell hole I sent you to. What you did was nothing short of awesome. Salt of the earth and nobody is more passionate about elk then you sir. Maybe I’ll bump into you this year. We will be back up near that hell hole again as it seems the elk love that area every year. It must just be cause they figure only an idiot would go down in there.

Mosby

WKR
I love the Phelps Gray amp and green amp. The gray for me is a do it all diaphragm. I can get super sexy cow whines and lip ball bugles all with the same reed. I carry a primos hyperlip external and my bugle of choice is Elknuts chuckler. Btw Paul if your reading this thanks again. 2017 I lost my old tried in true chuckler somewhere in that hell hole I sent you to. What you did was nothing short of awesome. Salt of the earth and nobody is more passionate about elk then you sir. Maybe I’ll bump into you this year. We will be back up near that hell hole again as it seems the elk love that area every year. It must just be cause they figure only an idiot would go down in there.
The gray is my favorite as well.

OP
D
Figured I'd give an update and some reviews of the calls I've tried. For some background, I'm an elk newbie and have been practicing for about a month.

The Phelps diaphragms are definitely better for me than the Wapiti River. The Phelps Gray seems to be my go to. I can use it for all the bugles (from a mild contact to a lip ball) and cow call with it too. The Phelps Pink gives me raspier bugles easier. Even though I'm an experienced turkey caller, I'm still struggling to get that 'nasally' sound of the mew. Therefore I bought some external reeds:

The Primos Hyperlip single w/ tone converter, Primos Imaka Da Bullcrazy, and Carlton's Fighting Cow. Really like the Hyperlip single and Carlton's. Between those two I can cover the cow spectrum well. The Bullcrazy just doesn't sound as good to me, and it was the most expensive. Go figure!

Already pretty confident in my calling ability, just wish I could nail those 'nasally' tones with a diaphragm. Still got 6 weeks to practice though! I am about to buy a couple Rocky Mountain diaphragms to give them a whirl too. This elk prep is addicting!

IdahoElk

WKR
This is the High Country Caller I use to make/sell 25yrs ago.
It has a ridged semi-soft rubber head with a tapered opening that increases volume but more importantly the ridges/tapered opening reverberates your call in the head to eliminate any tinny overly treble tone you often get with the standard open end "megaphone" style bugles.
Works great!

HK8Mu8C.jpg

ridgefire

WKR
I have used a bunch of different calls and what I have on me for every Sept hunt is my Bugling bulls bully bull grub tube and their raging bull diaphragm (brown reed) for bugling, their mello yellow (yellow reed) for most cow/calf calls, a bugling bulls who's yrr daddy or primos hyper lip single for excited cow calls and a primos hoochie momma. Laugh at it but the I have called bulls in with nothing but the hoochie momma.

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
This is the High Country Caller I use to make/sell 25yrs ago.
It has a ridged semi-soft rubber head with a tapered opening that increases volume but more importantly the ridges/tapered opening reverberates your call in the head to eliminate any tinny overly treble tone you often get with the standard open end "megaphone" style bugles.
Works great!

HK8Mu8C.jpg
That looks like a great tube. I guess 25 years ago means that you are no longer making them? I haven't seen anything like it before. If you happen to still have / make them let me know.