Bugles - Flathead Valley MT

mwf008

Lil-Rokslider
Well… the rut has finally started in NW Montana. Heard lots of bugles on this evening’s hunt. Better late than never.

OP
H

hunt_the_ridge

Lil-Rokslider
I would agree that the rut started late this year...was watching some other stuff and alot of folks saying on average in most states they guessed about 2 weeks late. Was able to get out one final time 6-7th and got on quite a few bulls. Called in a little forky bull that abviously not legal but was a fun encounter. Chased a few other bulls around but was never able to seal the deal! Sure am going to miss this time of year but till next fall cant wait. Now to rifle hunting if i can convince myself to get out in the woods with all the idiots that seem to tromp around now that they can carry the boom stick.

Bugles in north valley, herd of elk on private land but couldn't see the bulls that were back in the trees. Cows looked fat and happy, nice to see lots of growing calves. Came out right at dusk as usual.

People actually hunt around Kalispell? My buddy is from there and he's been hunting with me for several years because he says it sucks. Then there's always 7 plates along the Hi-Line come general season.

t_carlson

WKR
People actually hunt around Kalispell? My buddy is from there and he's been hunting with me for several years because he says it sucks. Then there's always 7 plates along the Hi-Line come general season.

LOL

Your buddy must suck. Or he's afraid of bears but doesn't want to admit it.

Yeah man its awful, no one should come here. Dillon is where its at.