Bugs/Idaho/Sept?

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Depends where you are. No ticks, but if your not very high elevation and near a water source you could have a lot of mosquitoes. They’ve been bad this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john2

FNG
My brother and I have hunted SE Idaho since 2006 in September archery season and only issue we have ever had, as mentioned in prior post, is with bees while trying to clean the elk. Non biting flies can be a aggravation in the middle of day depending on temps.

elkguide

WKR
Coming from the East, bugs in Idaho are almost non-existent except for on almost every deer that I've shot. It's kind of an eerie look when you walk up to your dead deer and you see the hair moving!

Coming from the East, bugs in Idaho are almost non-existent except for on almost every deer that I've shot. It's kind of an eerie look when you walk up to your dead deer and you see the hair moving!

Thats crazy. What kind of bugs? I've seen a handful to ticks on deer over the years but never so many bugs that the hair was moving....

elkguide

WKR
Ticks. Definitely makes you roll up your sleeves and do lots of checks while breaking the deer down as well as when you get back to camp.

Yea my elk last year, I took the head out with the hide still on and the next morning when I went over to it there had to be nearly 100 ticks crawling on that fur. All hide comes off before it hits my pack now.

Skreddy

FNG
Bees seem to swarm immediately to the meat where we hunt in WA. I keep a small travel can of Pam in my kit and spray a light coat as I break it down. Bees won’t touch it.

One of my close friends contracted West Nile Virus in western Idaho last fall. He's been hospitalized ever since and is now a quadriplegic. Use bug spray my friends.