Building a clothing system!!! Help

golfbum

WKR
Have been fine tuning a clothing system that will cover a lot of the fall. Any items that are must haves or you see that I am missing?

archery hunter living in Utah. Hunt from aug-November

tops:
Both light and heavy base layers (have a a few merino and synthetic)

Lightweight core hoodie (Sitka)
Mid weight zip (Sitka)
Heavy weight hoodie (Sitka)
A few fleece pullovers

puffy coats:
Kenai ultra (Kuiu)
Patagonia down 850 fill
OR 850 down vest
OR synthetic coat (heavy but super warm)

jetstream jacket (Sitka)
Kuiu Chugach rain coat/bottom

bottoms:
Light/heavy synthetic base (would like to add some zip off merino bottoms)

OR lightweight pant (super light)
Traverse pant (Sitka)
Mountain pant (Sitka)
Timberline pant (Sitka)

down and synthetic puffy pants. Kuiu and OR

things I plan on getting this year:
Traverse cold weather hoodie
A wind blocking vest (jetstream?)

anything you would add? Glaring items missing? Any favorites even if it’s redundant?

Last edited:
You definitely picked some great items. I’m a true believer in Sitka, best clothing I’ve ever owned. The only thing I would add would be some Gaiters maybe. I’m not super familiar with the area your hunting or the weather but if there’s any wet grass or brush you might be walking through, gaiters will do wonders to keep your pants and feet dry. Also, what boots are you running? Just got a pair of Kennetrek Mountain Guides last year and am in love.

OP
golfbum

golfbum

WKR
You definitely picked some great items. I’m a true believer in Sitka, best clothing I’ve ever owned. The only thing I would add would be some Gaiters maybe. I’m not super familiar with the area your hunting or the weather but if there’s any wet grass or brush you might be walking through, gaiters will do wonders to keep your pants and feet dry. Also, what boots are you running? Just got a pair of Kennetrek Mountain Guides last year and am in love.
I have some OR croc gaiters.

For boots I have Salomon 4d’s for early season and switch to some meindle hunters for late season.

Nice, I have the exact same Gaiters. They’ve been really good for like 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondo

WKR
Nice lineup!

Do you ever feel hot in September wearing the Traverse pants or wish you had a knee pad option? If so, maybe something a bit lighter with a knee pad pocket like the Sitka Ascent.