Building a clothing system using first lite, or sitka, or both?

H80Hunter

WKR
There’s a lot of personal preference here; which makes this tough. The most likely scenario is you’d like some of each brand just based on fit and function, but it’s hard to know. I’ve wasted a ton on all this stuff and all I can tell you is here’s what I’d like best…

Base layers: First lite wick bottoms and sitka core LW hoody top. I’d also get a aero wool wick 150 long sleeve.

Second: Sitka Apex pants and Apex Hoody. I like these both a lot. I’ve never used the mountain pants but I wasn’t wild about the traverse pants, so I’d go that route if apex is off the table.

OP
S
There’s a lot of personal preference here; which makes this tough. The most likely scenario is you’d like some of each brand just based on fit and function, but it’s hard to know. I’ve wasted a ton on all this stuff and all I can tell you is here’s what I’d like best…

Base layers: First lite wick bottoms and sitka core LW hoody top. I’d also get a aero wool wick 150 long sleeve.

Second: Sitka Apex pants and Apex Hoody. I like these both a lot. I’ve never used the mountain pants but I wasn’t wild about the traverse pants, so I’d go that route if apex is off the table.
Thanks for the reply!

Hondo

WKR
For longer multi-day hunts I might go with First Lite Obsidian pants and Wick hoody in 70-90 temp range only due to the superior odor control of merino over treatments provided it is not a thorny area. Otherwise it would be Sitka Gear Core Lightweight hoody and Ascent pants. For humid conditions and/or 90+ temps it would be the same Sitka ( or Kuiu).

Danimal

Lil-Rokslider
Love me some first lite hoody to start every day whether hot or cold. Their merino seems to feel great, last a long time, and provide unreal odor control. I am currently running 1 brown, 1 black, and 1 grey 150 wick hoodies. Wear them often for casual wear at home which helps justify their cost, and on a recent week long hunt rotated them after a couple days to keep my odor down. The brown one is 4 years old and highly worn, Only the label has peeled off the rest of it is still in great condition.

jd1006

WKR
I think you are neglecting a better option in many categories by avoiding Kuiu.

For Wool -

Sitka’s Boxers
Sitka’s q-zip - wish this was in solid
Sitka’s Apex Hoody - wish this was in solid

Kuiu’s 125 shirt
Kuiu’s 145 hoody (love the zipper)

For synthetic -
Kuiu’s Peloton 97 zip off base layers and hoody (must have , in my opinion and they weigh very little)
Kuiu’s Kutana Pants
Kuiu’s Peloton 240 Vest or Hoody - very versatile layer

Insulation -
Kuiu’s Kenai Jacket (lightweight insulation with pit zips)
SG Grumman (down with high loft and low weight, very packable)
First Lite Brooks Down Mitts
First Lite Kiln Beanie (reversable)

For outer layers:

Sitka’s Flash Pullover - really versatile piece that weighs nothing
First Lite’s Corrugated Foundry Pants - they hit the sweet spot with this one
Kuiu’s Talus Pants - for when it gets colder
Sitka’s Jetstream jacket

For rain gear:
Arcteryx Leaf, Alpha LT pants and Jacket.

Darn Tough OTC Hunter Socks
Kenetrek Lightweight Liner Sock

madcalfe

WKR
or just completely skip the hunting brands and get mountaineering clothing thats way better.
i literally own ever pant and most shirts kuiu makes plus yukon rain gear.
and now the only thing kuiu i wear from them is rain gear and gaitors which i think are going to get replaced with the new stone glacier gators!

excaliber

WKR
Having seen and used both the only FL items I would want are their baselayers if I wasn't alergic to Merino. IMHO Sitka has them beat on everything else by a long ways.