Building ILF Rig

IaArcher

FNG
Building my first ILF hunting rig and would like to hear what you guys think of my setup. I have a WinWin Black Wolf riser coming and ordered 45# Uukha Gobi long limbs. My draw length is 28.5” so hoping to be around 47-48# with this setup. I would like to run a NAP flipper rest or Norris Springy rest. Which one would be better for this setup? I have some Carbon Express Heritage 150 cut to 30” with 4” feathers with wraps and stock insert with 200 gr points. I will be using this for deer hunting and shooting 3D.

oldgoat

WKR
Honestly can't tell you much about that setup, but my educated guess is, it should work, rest is personal preference, I've used the flipper rest and liked it, I would suggest a plunger too, helps with tuning.

lumis17

Lil-Rokslider
There aren’t many ILF risers that will be cut past center enough for the NAP Flipperest. The NAP Centerest will probably work and the springy should be no problem. I like the Centerest the most since it’s absolutely hassle-free. You have to tinker with the springy to get it silent.

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
I run a win win black Wolf riser with das longbow limbs. I never used the bushing for a elevated rest. Instead I took the plastic plate that comes with the riser and drilled it for a fishing line rest. Then cover it with velcro, so I can pull the rest out and shoot off the shelf if I feel.

The throat of the grip is quite narrow, I use tennis racket grip to make it a little bigger and add grippeness for hunting in the rain.

Beendare

WKR
There are literally thousands of good ILF combinations from very cheap to very expensive.

it’s impossible to say what is perfect for everyone

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I own a Tradtech Titan 2 19 inch Riser and I shoot Dryad Epic Long recurve Limbs. I just recently got a set of Epic Longbow limbs as well. I got it setup now stretching the new string. I can already tell I like the recurve alot more. I own a few sets of blackmax Limbs also all in Longs. I pull 31 inch draw. Those Uuka Limbs are going to be fantastic. I think your really going to like that setup. I would see if you could your hands on the Volumes of Barebow. It helped me alot.

Attachments

• IMG_2048_zpsnorlzdcx (1).jpg
    IMG_2048_zpsnorlzdcx (1).jpg
    438 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
I have the Trad Tech Titan2 in 19" and 17".

I've had a bunch of different limbs on those; SF Elites, WW Innos, Uukha Vx and currently the Uukha Ex1Evo2's- all great combinations.

FWIW, The TT/Ex1Evo2 is going to be my hunt rig this year.

The TT really likes those furniture pads as a rest if you are shooting off the shelf. The big pads are the perfect width.

That Riser likes an almost square knocking point. My tunes perfect with the top of my bottom nok point 1/16" over squared.

10294375-5A1A-44D8-B0F3-829F97CB5BDE_1_105_c.jpeg

qwerksc

WKR
I’m thinking about going with this exact setup how are you liking it now
I like the Tradtech. I just built a new ilf bow 19” dryad ul hunter, I like it, 19” is more forgiving for sure. I’d look at the 19” Tradtech.
But, my next bow will be CD archery wf19 or 21, super interested in this riser.
The dryad is pretty nice, I’ll shoot if for a while.