Building your rifle

Sneaky223

FNG
My first post. Wondering what you guy's have built for the hunt? Caliber, specs? I built one in 6.5prc but has ended up not as light as I would have liked. I'm around 10 to 11 lbs loaded. But I like the heck out of it and it shoots awesome.

280 Ackley, built by APR, proof barrel, McMillan stock, 704 CRF action. It’s a touch over 10 lbs scoped and loaded with a bipod and sling, but accurate as hell with my new 155 Hammer Hunter loads.

SDHNTR

WKR
My latest is a 300 wsm. Borden action, Trigger tech trigger, Bartlein 2b, McMillian edge stock, Hawkins brake. 6lbs, 12 oz.

OP
S

Sneaky223

FNG
280 Ackley, built by APR, proof barrel, McMillan stock, 704 CRF action. It’s a touch over 10 lbs scoped and loaded with a bipod and sling, but accurate as hell with my new 155 Hammer Hunter loads.
Are you reloading?

OP
S

Sneaky223

FNG
My latest build from last fall:

Lone Peak Arms Razor Ti long action
Proof Research 24" carbon Sendero barrel
Manner EH-1 with MCS-DBM mini chassis
Triggertech Special
Chambered in 7RM by Travis at TS Customs

View attachment 201064

Here's a 5-shot group at 425 yards this spring getting dope on a lot of factory 162 ELD-X
View attachment 201065
Nice rig, I'm hoping to get my suppressor around January i got Nomad 30.

robtattoo

WKR
My latest build goes against everything you guys stand for, I reckon! 😂
Winchester M70 action, ER Shaw barrel machined to match the original profile, chambered in 6.5x55. Exhibition grade, feather crotch, Claro walnut stock with a shadowline cheek piece & ebony tip, red oil hand rubbed finish. All metalwork blued or color case hardened. CCH Leopold one piece mount & a classic Zeiss scope.
Finished weight of around 9lb.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My last two builds have been semi custom Tikkas in .22-250 and .260. They are identical other than cartridge and the .260 has one size up in scope magnification

Tikka T3X Action
22.5” Fluted Stainless Barrel
McMillan Hunters Edge Stock
High Desert Bottom Metal
YoDave Trigger Spring
Mountain Tactical Magazine
Meopta MeoPro Scopes
Talley Rings and Bases

They both weigh under 8 lbs with a full magazine, not including bipod and sling.

87691427-C9A1-45B3-902B-EEE90B5E77B4.jpeg

SDHNTR

WKR
Winchester M70 action, ER Shaw barrel machined to match the original profile, chambered in 6.5x55. Exhibition grade, feather crotch, Claro walnut stock with a shadowline cheek piece & ebony tip, red oil hand rubbed finish. All metalwork blued or color case hardened. CCH Leopold one piece mount & a classic Zeiss scope.
This is my kind of rifle. Class through and through! Pretty please show pics!

By God! I reckon, I will stand with you... Let’s see a pic of the rifleman’s rifle, how bout it?