Built new arrows

How many fletchings is everyone shooting?

• Total voters
Built some new arrows tonight!!! EASTON ACC PRO HUNTERS 390s. Planning on taking these to Kansas for my Mule Deer hunt this year and hopefully to AZ!!!

OP
Evan Williams
2012-06-14_22-40-03_131.jpg

2012-06-14_22-40-10_738.jpg

Jager

WKR
They look good Evan, shooting fingers, I don't have the luxury you have there, do they fly well?

Cheers

JG358

WKR
The majority of my arrows are fletched with 3 QSs but I have a couple that have 6 and 8(blazers). I have yet to convince myself to hunt with the 6 and 8 fletched arrows.

Titaniumman

Lil-Rokslider
I have never seen or heard of a six or eight vane arrow before. Is there any benefit over a three or four vane arrow?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Evan is this your first time with the ACC Pro Hunters. I just went to them this year for hunting and have to say they are the best I have ever used for this purpose.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Other than neat looking no added benefit with 6 from my tests. They do also slow the arrow at longer distances due to wind drag. But they do look really kewl Evan!

OP
Evan Williams
RosinBag,

This is my first year with the ACC PRO Hunters...yes. However, other than the last two years using the FLATLINES, I have been using the ACC 3-49 since 2008 and LOVE THEM!!!! My only issue with the Pro Hunter thus far is the HP-2 insert (23 grains). I am going to play with some other ones if I can find the right diameters and cut the weight down a little. PS I haven't weighed them since I finished them.

J-Rod,

Thanks

Here is my reason for the 6. I am building these arrows for 1 hunt! My Kansas Mule Deer tag. I am going to be using my Vector Turbo and the chances are...since its Kansas...the wind will be blowing (so yes the 23 grain HP-2 insert will be helpful for FOC...I know). Using the AAE 2" shield cut vanes I get to cut down the total surface area and the higher profile of most 2" vanes and therefore reduce horizontal wind drag. I am using 6 instead of 3 or 4 for control and stability with my broadheads (I will be shooting an Ulmer EDGE and want plenty of control). I am also using 6 1.5" Fusions on my ACC 3-49s out for my Element for elk this year (same head). Kansas wind was the biggest factor and cutting down the profile of my vanes for better clearance.

Jager,

Just converted my Vector Turbo over tonight from my 3D/Field set-up so I will hammering away with them this weekend.