Bull Elk. Berger 195 EOL terminal performance video.

huntnful

WKR
300 yards. First shot was a perfect double lung. Didn’t want to chance him getting into the timber, so I put another in him when I got the first half decent shot angle. Neither bullet exited. First shot had no shrapnel in offside hide at all.

28 Nosler
195 EOL
3030fps MV

That video must be computer generated animation. 88.3% of Rokslide, LRH and MM say you can't kill elk with a Berger, can't be done, it's impossible, they just explode as soon as they touch elk hair and never reach the vital organs.🤣

Same here. I always worry that if I drill them, I'd get the drill off center or crooked and they'd up flying like a poorly spiraled football.
I started drilling them a few seasons ago. Been using Berger’s for a while with great results but just wanted to make sure they were clean. What I have found is sometimes there is jacket/polishing media stuck down in the bottom of the nose cavity. A simple few spins of the drill bit and it’s cleaned out. Not sure it’s even needed but it doesn’t take me very long to do.

Last edited:
OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
This is pretty much the same results as we saw with the 195's during the elk cull years. I personally liked how the 180 H VLD worked on elk better.
Thanks for the insight Broz. I killed some animals with the 180 VLD H as well.