Bull Pacs

Voyageur

WKR
Did a search on the Bull Pac freighter frame and surprisingly turned up nothing. Does anyone have experience with this pack frame?
Thanks.

TheTone

WKR
Built very stout. It’s a pretty short frame and not much for adjusting. I have one I’ve been meaning to sell

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My friend uses one. For making short hauls of moose to a boat or raft, and I mean fairly short, he seems to like it ok.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've had mine for probably 15 or 16 years now. It's packed out a lot of elk, and a moose. With the shelf and straps it's also easy to use as a trainer with a couple 45lb plates strapped to it. My neck and upper back have issues so doing normal squats with the bar is a no go, but doing squats and lunges with weights strapped to the pack is easy to accomplish.

Last edited:
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

WKR
I've had mine for probably 15 or 16 years now. It's packed out a lot of elk, and a moose. With the shelf and straps it's also easy to use as a trainer with a couple 45lb plates strapped to it. My neck and upper back have issues so doing normal squats with the bar is a no go, but doing squats and lunges with weights strapped to the pack is easy to accomplish.
Does yours have what the Bull Pac website refers to as "load levelers?" Near as I can tell from the pictures they are similar to load lifters.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Does yours have what the Bull Pac website refers to as "load levelers?" Near as I can tell from the pictures they are similar to load lifters.
No, they came out with those more recently. But I don't notice it all that much. I tend to lock the waist belt down hard between my rib cage and my hips so the pack can't really go anywhere. Then tighten the shoulder straps just enough to keep the top close to my back.

cutback

FNG
I've had one for 15+ years. Used it to carry animals harvested all over the western US. They are stout and capable but, I felt they needed to be modified slightly for perfect fit. (what doesn't) I'm 5'10" 160lbs and drilled multiple location options for shoulder straps, added chest strap, and modified the waist belt.
YMMV...

OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

WKR
I've had one for 15+ years. Used it to carry animals harvested all over the western US. They are stout and capable but, I felt they needed to be modified slightly for perfect fit. (what doesn't) I'm 5'10" 160lbs and drilled multiple location options for shoulder straps, added chest strap, and modified the waist belt.
YMMV...
Do you still use your Bull Pac?