Bulletproof instant coffee- diy

BBob

WKR
Someone recommended this, sounds similar (250 calories)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N7N0GL6/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A12XBJOQ5X3F61&psc=1

I have some ordered to try out.
Testing this myself this past week. This might be the winner so far mostly because of the simplicity (single packet) and tastes equal to or better than my self mix concoctions. I too ending up adding extra coffee in the form of a Mt Hagen instant packet. I added the packets to my cup then a small amount of hot water to mix then finished adding water. Not as good as home brew with real cream and butter but good enough for the trail. 👍

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ I've got a eight day trip into the Sierra's in less than a week and Fat Fuel is definitely going :D

BBob

WKR
As much as I wanted it to work I can't do the Fat Fuel coffee. It causes a bit of gastric distress and lower gut bloat for me. I assume it's the 5g of dietary fiber. The actual ingredient list didn't list anything that looked like fiber so I inquired as to what the fiber was and all I got back was it is soluble fiber. I have repeated the test between my regular bulletproof at home to homemade powdered mix to Fat Fuel and the Fat Fuel gets me every time. Not something I want to deal with in the field :(

Test before you go! :)

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ that's too bad :(

I drank it for 8 days straight a week ago with no ill effect

My only gripe with it is you have to really stir it well or you'll get little clumps of stuff

BBob

WKR
As to mixing without clumping: I added a smallish amount of hot water first and mixed it thoroughly into a runny paste before adding the rest of the water. Worked well that way with virtually no clumps.