Bullets for 270 (mule deer/antelope only)

WKR
I am a big fan of the Hornady 130 SST for deer, always worked flawless for me.

Flyjunky

WKR
I'm with JFK on this one. If your going to go with a mono drop down in weight to get some more speed. We started shooting the Bergers in our 270's for both deer and antelope, haven't had one walk away yet, they are devastating.

SouthPaw

WKR
I'm with JFK on this one. If your going to go with a mono drop down in weight to get some more speed. We started shooting the Bergers in our 270's for both deer and antelope, haven't had one walk away yet, they are devastating.
Great to hear that on the bergers. I'm shooting the 140g berger classic hunter and my .270 really likes them. Havent put one in an animal yet but will this fall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great to hear that on the bergers. I'm shooting the 140g berger classic hunter and my .270 really likes them. Havent put one in an animal yet but will this fall.

My 270 also loves the bergers. Taken antelope, sheep, deer, and elk with them. They do cause a bit more meat loss but most of the time it's bang flop.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
My .270 really likes the 130 gr Berger classic hunters. I’ve had excellent luck with that bullet on elk, deer, and antelope from 50-500 yards.

FLS

WKR
130 Nosler Ballistic Tips have worked well on both out of my 270. So have 130 TTSX’s. I’d be confident hunting anything in NA, other than grizzly, with a 270 loaded with the 130 TTSX.

SouthPaw

WKR
My 270 also loves the bergers. Taken antelope, sheep, deer, and elk with them. They do cause a bit more meat loss but most of the time it's bang flop.

Sounds great. Any close range or high velocity hits amongst your animals taken with the bergers? Just curious on your observations of that scenario.

Sounds great. Any close range or high velocity hits amongst your animals taken with the bergers? Just curious on your observations of that scenario.

I shot a doe around 80 yards behind the front shoulder and the bullet exited behind the opposite shoulder as well but the shrapnel hit the other. It messed up about half that shoulder meat.

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
I've shot a 270 since 1991, mostly for deer and antelope. I've tried several factory loads, and some shot well, some not so well, so you really need to try at least 3 if you use factory loads. I don't reload, but I really prefer Nosler bullets over anything else, so I shoot Winchester Supreme Ballistic Silvertip (coated Nosler BT) 130 gr. They are devastating on deer and antelope, but they're loaded hotter than most, so not all rifles will like them. As far as weights, 130s will shoot better in almost every rifle.

EdP

WKR
My Rem 700 BDL made in `86 shoots 130 gr Gamekings very well and 140 gr accubonds even better. The ABs are twice the cost but have become my go to hunting load in that rifle.