Burning Colorado Antelope Points and looking for some input

TBO1

FNG
I am looking to burn my antelope points in Colorado in 2022. We have 18 points and an antelope hunt now fits into our schedule. I have narrowed down the search to a few units for our DIY hunt. Looking at 81 and 11 but was told 6 was good. I do not have any experience hunting in 81 or 6 but have hunted deer and elk in 11 about five years ago, so I know the ground.

Looking for anyone that has an experience in these units. Not looking for a trophy but a good quality buck and a fun adventure. Two of us rifle hunting.

Thanks.

OP
TBO1

TBO1

FNG
Looking for anyone that might have hunted unit 81 in Colorado in the last couple of years. Hoping to get a feel for the unit and where to start looking. Thanks

goosenado

FNG
I have seen Pronghorn in 6 that I swore was a Mule deer at first. Widdeee monsters. Almost all private.

I am looking to burn my antelope points in Colorado in 2022. We have 18 points and an antelope hunt now fits into our schedule. I have narrowed down the search to a few units for our DIY hunt. Looking at 81 and 11 but was told 6 was good. I do not have any experience hunting in 81 or 6 but have hunted deer and elk in 11 about five years ago, so I know the ground.

Looking for anyone that has an experience in these units. Not looking for a trophy but a good quality buck and a fun adventure. Two of us rifle hunting.

Thanks.
Hello,
Just was wondering if you burned your CO antelope points in 2022, and if so how did it go? I can draw any unit and need to burn mine soon. Pete

gearguywb

WKR
I am in the same position. Wife and I both have 13 points that I would like to use this year.

OP
TBO1

TBO1

FNG
We did burn our points on unit 81 in 2022. We had a good hunt and killed two decent bucks in two days. Had a good hunt but was not picky. Most of the antelope we found were is a pretty small area.

TeaRex

FNG
I have 8 or 9 points and was hoping to hunt 82 or 689 this year. Any experience or rec's? Seems like i have an ok shot of drawing based on recent stats.