Burr Protection/Pant extensions

Elcy

FNG
Took my son out for his deer hunt last week, and 1/2 way through day one his socks were full of burrs. Seems he'd hit quite the growth spurt and his pants were high waters-barely scraping the top of his boots. I cut the hems out in the field and even with the extra 2 inches of length they were still too short/rode up when he walked. Fortunately he filled his tag on day two and we came home.

I (with a bit of help from my wife) added 6" of fabric to the bottom of the legs, and now he's good to go for another few seasons.

I cut the fabric in the shape of a trapezoid instead of a rectangle, so they'd hang down further in the back over his boots.
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

OP
E

Elcy

FNG
I thought about gaiters first, but his boots don't have a big enough heel to protect the stirrup. Too rocky where some of our hunts are.

Damn, I need to get my girlfriend to do this to my work pants. I get tired of picking burrs off my shoelaces after walking/working around my property. Especially the small ones that come in clusters of a million. Thanks for the tip!