Burris 200116 Eliminator 4-16 x 50 x 96 Scope

IZZY

FNG
Anyone ever had any experience with this line of Burris scopes? I plan on purchasing a Nosler TGR chamberred in .300WM in a few months, and in researching scopes, I see this scope but can't find any reviews for it...its on Amazon. Was curious if anyone has used their eliminator series before? I am looking for something to go long range with. Would be nice to have a range finder and scope all in one package, but I think the more computers get into shooting, the more likely you are to have issues. Right now my top two choices are the Burris MTAC 6.5-20X or the Vortex PST 6-24x...anyone with experience with either of those two scopes as well? What do you think?

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
One of the guys I hunt with used it last year. Its very bulky. I shot it out to 600 yards with no problems. But I wouldn't use one for hunting. Adds to many variables I can't control. If you fall down or drop the gun will it hold zero and will it range, will the battery die when I need it.

OP
I

IZZY

FNG
One of the guys I hunt with used it last year. Its very bulky. I shot it out to 600 yards with no problems. But I wouldn't use one for hunting. Adds to many variables I can't control. If you fall down or drop the gun will it hold zero and will it range, will the battery die when I need it.

I was interested in knowning more about the Burris scope, and did consider it for about 5 seconds..but as you said, there just seems to be too much that can go wrong with it...now in regards to the Vortex or the Burris which is better...am looking for something that I can use for hunting short and long range, don't want to cross into the 1000 dollar range yet. Right now am planning on buying the Nosler TGR in .300WM, I just need a scope to go with it...