Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42

Anyone have good or bad experiences with this scope. I can get a pretty good deal on one through Sportsmans Warehouse. I would be putting this on a .243 that will be a rifle I keep with me in the vehicle most of the time. I would like to keep the scope in the $200 range and $300 tops. I'm not overly impressed with Vortex but have looked at their options in this range also. I've had Nikons that I really like for the clarity but they are a little above the price range by the time I get into the power range I would like. I can walk out of the store with the Burris for $170 between a sale price and a coupon for $30 off I have.

The Fullfield 2 4.5-14 with the Ballistic Plex Reticle was my go to rifle scope for a long time. The glass was better than others in its price range, it held zero, and the reticle made for quick shooting at reasonable hunting distances.

david_227

FNG
+1 to that response, my dad and I have have them on 6+ rifles and they all performed very nicely.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've had FFII 3-9x40 on two rifles and very good optics and durability.
Easily outscored Leupold VX1

gumbl3

WKR
group.jpg

I think the Fullfield is one of the more under rated scopes out there. I run Burris on 2 or 3 of my rifles and have nothing but outstanding results with them. The Ballistic Plex has worked well for me for hunting, but when I've had to dial them they have performed as expected. I've had one sent in and had the target turrets added to it and their customer service is great. They're head and shoulders over comparably priced Vortex scopes.

fishslap

WKR
I have the 3x9 on a 243 and a 4.5x14 on a 300 wm for probably 10 years. Holds zero with little to no adjustment year after year. I've killed several elk and mule deer at first light with it out to 400 using the hold over marks. Good scope for the price. Never had an issue. Generous eye box compared to my zeiss.

Firehawk

WKR
I have used 3-9x40 Fullfields and have never had one issue. Reliable, clear enough, repeatable in their adjustments. FWIW, I like them alot.

FH

TheCougar

WKR
I have that exact scope. I haven't had any problems with it. I just pulled it off my rifle to mount a different scope. I can sell it to you on the cheap, if you like. I also have Tally rings for it, if you are mounting it on a Tikka. Shoot me a PM if interested.

kpk

WKR
Great scope for the money. I have one that's been going back and forth between rifles for a long time and I've never had an issue with it.