Burris Fullfield IV?

balto68

FNG
I know the Burris Fullfield II has been regarded as one of the better set-it-and-forget-it type scopes out there for zero retention. Today I went to Cabela's, and while they didn't have a Fullfield II, they did have an E1, which I believe is fairly similar. I looked at the 3-9x40. They also had a Fullfield IV 2.5-10x42. Optically and in terms of eye relief, I liked it a lot. I liked the reticle as well.

Is anyone familiar with this scope? I'd be real curious to know if it shares the design features of the Fullfield II that made that scope such a solid choice. The Burris website says that the Fullfield has been "completely redesigned," and I'm not sure that's a good thing. It is made in China as opposed to the Philippines, which is another major strike against it in my book. It's not a deal breaker, though. From in the store, which I understand is not much of a test, it seemed to outclass the other scopes in the sub-$200 price range by quite a lot.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
I REALLY like that reticle and the 2.5-10 is a pretty useful range but i just cant get past the Made In China part. Burris has been known for being pretty good about CS so its not all bad.

I trust Burris' customer service but would never buy an unproven, made-in-Chinaa scope like the Fullfield IV when Burris is still offering the Fullfield II and E1, which have a proven track record.

Fatcamp

WKR
I trust Burris' customer service but would never buy an unproven, made-in-Chinaa scope like the Fullfield IV when Burris is still offering the Fullfield II and E1, which have a proven track record.

Where are those Scopes made?