Burris rings for Tikka

I know that Sportsmatch rings area solid setup that takes advantage of the dovetail on the Tikka receiver. I am curious about other options, particularly ones that I can buy locally. Have any of you used the Burris rings that also use the dovetail and have a recoil lug? Are Burris rings robust in general?

KClark

WKR
Are you sure the Burris Tikka rings have a recoil pin? I thought they didn't.

ETA: Burris website does not mention if they do or don't but Midway USA says "Peg is milled into the base of the ring (not pictured) to perfectly align with your rifle's receiver".

Wapiti1

WKR
In general, Burris rings are solid. I haven't used the Tikka version, but have used a lot of their Z and Signature rings. Steel and generally well machined.

Jeremy

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
If you're looking for a direct mount, lightweight solution we offer our Long Range Hybrids for Tikkas.

If you're running a pic rail I'd go with Ultra Light Tactical rings. A few more ounces of weight, but it gives you some mounting flexibility. https://hawkinsprecision.com/product/ultra-light-tactical-scope-rings/

rmarshall

WKR
I have set of Burris Tikka rings, they are built like a tank, and work flawlessly, they have the peg and all. I would buy them again in a heart beat. It's hard to beat the burris Z ring types imo

I switched to a set of Burris rings when I mounted a mountain tactical rail. Steel, so a bit heavy, but they give me much more piece of mind than the stock T3 rings I had been running.

Note: I don’t have experience with any of the non-lugged Tikka options that others on the forum seem to have success with.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
Bumping this, anybody try the Burris tikka rings and like them/can compare to the Sportsmatch? I’ve been waiting to find 1” Sportsmatch rings in stock but I’m getting impatient.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
I was hoping to use the factory dovetail rail since it’s already machined into the receiver. And use the recoil pin holes.
I’ve already knocked loose a DNZ one piece mount, I know I could be a pic rail but I’d rather not rely on the tiny factory screw holes.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
Bumping this, anybody try the Burris tikka rings and like them/can compare to the Sportsmatch? I’ve been waiting to find 1” Sportsmatch rings in stock but I’m getting impatient.
I'll sell you an unopened pair of sportmatch to48c's for what I paid plus shipping. Pm if you're interested

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
I have both the burris and sportsmatch rings on my tikkas. Both are well made. I think I prefer the burris's as they seem a lot tougher to me. They are quite a bit heavier tho.