Burris Scope

randy249

FNG
Does anyone have an opinion on which of these is a better scope or buy. I can get the

Burris - Fullfield E1 4.5-14 x 42mm Scope for $149​

or the​

Burris Droptine 4.5-14x42 Rifle Scope - Ballistic Plex for $159.​

Thanks in advance

Wapiti1

WKR
E1 is a higher tier in their lineup. I would go with that. The Droptine line took place of the Fullfield II entry level spot in the lineup.

Jeremy

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Hands down Wapati1 is correct and that is a great deal, especially with the side parallax at that price. I have one a tikka 7mm rem mag and it has serviced me well for five years and several hundred rounds. Held zero and the reticle is extremely useful. I’ve taken a mountain lion at 489, antelope at 512, mule deer at 420, and shot targets to 800 yards successfully. It would be nice to compensate for wind more precisely but I just don’t shoot that long of range if the wind is a factor. I’d buy two if I had a store near me at that price. Good luck.

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
Hands down Wapati1 is correct and that is a great deal, especially with the side parallax at that price. I have one a tikka 7mm rem mag and it has serviced me well for five years and several hundred rounds. Held zero and the reticle is extremely useful. I’ve taken a mountain lion at 489, antelope at 512, mule deer at 420, and shot targets to 800 yards successfully. It would be nice to compensate for wind more precisely but I just don’t shoot that long of range if the wind is a factor. I’d buy two if I had a store near me at that price. Good luck.
Plus the long range moa reticle (20 moa of hash marks up, down, and side to side in 1 moa graduations) is much more functional than the ballistiplex which has very limited and random holdovers.

khunter1

FNG
Old thread but for anyone else checking in, I've been pleased with the Fullfield E1. The ONE thing i didn't care for was the E1 reticle, its just too small for my liking but definitely usable. I was impressed with the clarity of the scope for the cost. I put it even or slight advantage to the Leupold VX Freedom series. Its a very nice feeling scope, machining is great and the burris warranty is awesome. (Ive had to use it do to a ring manufacture machining issue and Burris was more than accomodating when they didnt have to be)