Burris Signature HD Binos

Been considering the Burris Signature HD Binos in 8x42 or 10x42. John Barsness over on 24hourcampfire says good things about them. Anyone here used them? What models do they compare favorably to?

Sagewind

FNG
I have the BURRIS 8x42 Sig HD’s as my truck binos- I think they are good in that role. I like my Nikon Monarch 7’s more because they don’t seem to require as much attention to the focus adjustment to keep the sharpest resolution. The difference between the two isn’t great, and the HD’s were a very good buy.

Agar426

FNG
I have a pair of 10x42s that I bought as "truck binos," but I haven't bought my "in the field binos" yet, so these are my main binos at the moment. To my eyes, they are more crisp than my Leupold Mojave, and side by side in the store, I preferred them of the BX-4s. If I had to pick something to complain about, it would be the center hinge....super smooth, but it's almost too easy to manipulate. When I take them out of my AGC bino pack, I might have to re-adjust them, but that takes less than a second. I would buy them again. I also got them for less than advertised....~ $150 less than the Kowa's listed above. That being said, those Kowa's look pretty damn nice, and will be watching for a sale on those!!

OP
C
FWIW I picked up a pair and was very much unimpressed. Worse image and FOV than several other options. Returned them. I went with Athlon binos that were cheaper and am very happy.

JVS

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW I picked up a pair and was very much unimpressed. Worse image and FOV than several other options. Returned them. I went with Athlon binos that were cheaper and am very happy.
Which power did you get?
Eyeing up a pair of 8x’s for a bowhunting knock around for timber set… found some super cheap

OP
C
Which power did you get?
Eyeing up a pair of 8x’s for a bowhunting knock around for timber set… found some super cheap
The 8x42's. I bought some off ebay for under $250 and thought I'd found a real steal when I placed the order. I compared them with a friend's set of Athlon Midas binoculars and the Athlons were superior in every way, including build quality IMO.