Burris Veracity

Did a search and couldn’t come up with much...

What are y’alls thoughts on a Burris Veracity 3-15x50mm? Going on a hunting gun. If I got it, I’d have it cerakoted. Would that void the Burris warranty?

Anything else that should look at that’s around 15x mac and a 50mm bell for around $500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Veracity 5x25x50 on my 300 win mag. This is my first Burris and FFP scope and my first scope over a 15. So far really like it. Took a bit of shooting to get used to the reticle size change. Clear glass, forgiving eye box, smooth (bit tight) adjustments, no issues returning to zero after dialing, nice zero stop. Had a custom turret cut for it. Not the lightest scope.
Been playing with it in low light and it looks fine. More than enough for my 60 year old eyes!

Not sure who makes their glass but either they purchased Steiner or vice versa.

I have a Bushnell Forge 3x15x50 on my 30 06 SFP. Also a nice scope but the reticle is to thick, other wise nice.

It will get the big test 3rd rifle in CO. If it performs I will be getting one for my 30 06.

2five7

WKR
I've got one, and had a 4-20 on my 264 for a long time. Both worked very well, tracking was accurate and repeatable. The MAD knob is very nice for a hunting rifle, the zero stop is fool proof. Very good value for the money.

Elk2008

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got one in 5-25 and it’s been a pretty good scope. Have shot long range with it and no complaints here. Seems like a pretty good value.

OXN939

WKR
Necromancing this thread for anyone else who has Burris Veracity experiences or updates. Eyeing that 2-10x42 for a future build.

Mine worked great during my hunt this year. Elk 505 yards heart shot!!! Dialed great. Shot a mule deer a 100 yards and a coyote at 150 yards. Getting another one for a 28 Nosler!!!

mechengr

FNG
Necromancing this thread for anyone else who has Burris Veracity experiences or updates. Eyeing that 2-10x42 for a future build.
Had one of the first focal plane 2-10s with the capped turrets for three or four years, it's been a very good basic hunting scope so long as you don't mind the weight. Recently been moving some of my hunting rigs to scopes with dialing turrets so it's currently sitting on the shelf not in use, PM me if you're interested in picking up a lightly used and well cared for scope for that future build

B23

WKR
I had the 4-20 and it was just kinda ok-ish. On the lower power settings it seemed fairly decent but once you got past midway on up the clarity got very grainy. I don't know if it was just the one I had but I wouldn't buy another.

OP
silasbowhunter
I had the 4-20 and it was just kinda ok-ish. On the lower power settings it seemed fairly decent but once you got past midway on up the clarity got very grainy. I don't know if it was just the one I had but I wouldn't buy another.

Good info. I try not to buy scopes over 15x anyways.. but good info!

2five7

WKR
Had one of the first focal plane 2-10s with the capped turrets for three or four years, it's been a very good basic hunting scope so long as you don't mind the weight. Recently been moving some of my hunting rigs to scopes with dialing turrets so it's currently sitting on the shelf not in use, PM me if you're interested in picking up a lightly used and well cared for scope for that future build
You know if you take that top cap off, you can dial the turrets :D

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I just bought a 3-15x50 veracity with E2 reticle from Natchez Shooters Supply.....they are running a sale right now if anyone else is interested. Never had a Burris before and looking forward to seeing how it does on my 7 mag.

Jasper_AK

FNG
I just bought a 3-15x50 veracity with E2 reticle from Natchez Shooters Supply.....they are running a sale right now if anyone else is interested. Never had a Burris before and looking forward to seeing how it does on my 7 mag.
I’m looking at that deal right now… are you happy with the reticle and scope?