Bushnell customer service.

Recently got my 12 year old brother interested in hunting and got him enrolled in hunters safety. As a graduation present for passing hunters safety I was going to give him my first pair of binoculars, bushnell buckhorn 10x42s. Over the years though they took a lot of abuse and needed new eye cups and other work done to them before I was going to give them to my brother. I contacted bushnell wanting to send them in for repairs (I was expecting to pay) to make them usable again.

Over the course of a month I created a shipping label with them, sent them in and was told they had been received and had a technician working on them. A week later they emailed me saying they had been fixed and where shipped. When I received them back they had not even been worked on at all. That was 2 weeks ago and attempting 4 phone calls that won’t get answered and 3 emails later and I still can’t get a response back.

At this point I’m just going to buy some vortex diamondback binos for him. I wasn’t expecting outstanding customer service but I guess I’ve been spoiled by other optics companies customer relations. Hope you guys have had better experiences with them than I have.

Last edited:
Had good service myself.

They were not able to repair an old rangefinder, but gave me a credit for the cost of that rangefinder on two different equivalent models.

That said, between the time of shipping and the time a box showed up on my door was bout 4-6 weeks and no contact in the interim. Just be prepared for a random box to show up on the door with a mystery label (return address did not say Bushnell or anything recognizable so was clueless what I had ordered and possibly needed to hide from the spousal unit).

The old rangefinder was still usable, but a dark spot in the lens. They returned it still in usable condition - (though the buggers did latch onto the CR123 battery!).

Interesting. They took care of me with some binos. Binos took a fall and no longer focused some 2-3 years after purchase. I called and they said they would give me a credit as the old pair was no longer made. I challenged their warranty and asked for a new comparable pair. They agreed and then yes, a random box showed up one day.

Like anything, if the initial person reading the script can’t / won’t help you, ask for their boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
Sounds about right. Too many reputable companies with good warranties and good products out there to even mess with Bushnell anymore. You can find good binoculars from a real optics company for not a ton of money. Or you could buy him some cheap bushnells in a blister pack from a big box store and when he breaks them he can replace them himself.

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Bushnell scope go bad - something inside the tube came loose and began rattling around. I sent the scope into Bushnell for repair. They told me the tube was bent so it didn't fall within their warranty. They sent it back to me. There is no way that tube was bent - it was installed properly, only used a few times, and literally sat in the safe. They offered me a discount on a new scope, but their discounted price was higher than what I could find online. I will never buy another Bushnell product. I have had amazing customer service from other companies such as Vortex and Maven.

slamdmini

FNG
i had a bushnell rangefinder under warranty start having problems so i sent it in to get it fixed. they told me it was my fault, and they wouldnt warranty it, but they would give me $10 off msrp for a new one. i will never have anything bushnell again

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
I sent in some Bausch and Lomb discoverer binoculars that had the diopter adjustment fail and all they offered me on the “lifetime warranty” was a small discount on some sub par non equivalent binoculars I could find far cheaper on the internet. I just told them to send them back and I won’t ever buy a bushnell product again. They couldn’t have cared less. Burris, Leupold, and Vortex have all taken care of me well.

kleinpm

FNG
I have had never had any luck with Bushnell. I started buying Vortex and have never needed their warranty.

Patrick

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to update that bushnell contacted me and corrected the situation by sending me a new pair of binoculars.
Dang, good for them!
I had a bad experience with some Bushnell binos years ago after I dropped them. Sent them in and they told me to pound sand. Will never buy another Bushnell product but glad you had a good experience!

I hope it’s alright that I resurrected this post.

I have a Weaver Grand Slam that needs the elevation turret worked, since it unscrews completely when trying to adjust the elevation.

The person I bought the gun from had taken it apart at one time to paint the scope and I think that might be why.

Anyway, from what I’ve gathered on this thread, it appears that Bushnell is simply using their scope repair service as a funneling tool to tell you that can’t fix your scope and they’ll give an offer to buy a Bushnell from them.

Does anyone know of someone or somewhere reputable that fixes Weaver scopes?