Bushnell Legend M Series vs Vortex 2016 Diamondback (or Vortex Viper HD)

TacticoolMike

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all, I'm pretty new to optics but from my limited research I'm looking at the Bushnell Legend M Series or the Vortex 2016 Diamondbacks (or the Viper HD if I can find a good deal). The Bushnell and Diamondbacks are relatively close in price $220-$300 where the Vipers are roughly $489. I'm curious how the Diamondbacks compare to the Bushnells? Or, would the Vipers be the best choice? I'm looking for a general, all around pair of binoculars in 8x42. Any insight would be appreciated!

ams

WKR
Bushnell are great. The Vanguard endeavor II are better. My hunting partner had a new pair for sale in the classifieds but not sure if he sold them or not. We compared them to some high-end stuff and while not ad bright they had alot of things going for them.

OP
T

TacticoolMike

Lil-Rokslider
I went to my local Bass Pro and Field and Stream stores and were able to try out the vortex diamondback 10x42, viper HD 10x 42, zeiss Terra 10x42 and the Bushnell Legend L Series 10x42 (just received as gift). Diamondback were nice ergonomically but we're the least in optical quality. Probably not fair to compare them to the rest because the rest all have ED/HD glass (or something like that). Good binos for the price. The Vipers and Terra's were about equal I think. Both very nice and comfortable in the hand. These first 3 binos were all used in the store. The Bushnell Legend L series was used at my house outside in bright sunny conditions. Very impressed though with the Bushnells. Very bright and clear. Not an apples to apples comparison in terms of lighting conditions. Just sharing my limited experiences. I'm currently looking at getting the Bushnell M series or Viper HD's. I think either choice would be a winner.