Bushnell Nitro Scopes?

mvrk28

WKR
Is anybody familiar with the Nitro scopes? I picked up the 4-16x44 for my TC Compass 243. I bought this rifle for my wife a couple of years ago, for nothing more than a range shooter, coyote gun, etc. I think I paid around $200 for it after the mail-in rebate and it came with a scope (cheap sun optics 3-9x40). Turns out, with handloads this little rifle is a shooter. Shooting inside of .5 MOA at 100 yards. My wife said she would like more zoom so I looked into a few different optics.

I found the Bushnell Nitro 4-16x44 in SFP on Midway for $450, I searched the item number and found it on Bass Pro for $225 and includes a Havalon Baracuta w/ blades. I didn't see any really bad reviews so I ordered it. I know this Bushnell is not going to perform like my Nightforce or other high end optics, just curious if anybody has any experience with it.

I have a FFP/Mil I snagged for cheap to put on a 223. Pretty much as a set-n-forget scope as anything outside of SWFA in this price range I don't trust much to dial. Reticle is really fine and a little busy for my liking but for the $$$ I can't complain. Glass is bright and crisp althought hat's not a big deal to me. It seems to pull in light well at or after shooting light. I haven't really put it through any abuse yet so can't weigh in on zero retention but for $200 I think you'll be impressed. I don't know how the turrets would hold up though to constant spinning.

OP
M

mvrk28

WKR
I have a FFP/Mil I snagged for cheap to put on a 223. Pretty much as a set-n-forget scope as anything outside of SWFA in this price range I don't trust much to dial. Reticle is really fine and a little busy for my liking but for the $$$ I can't complain. Glass is bright and crisp althought hat's not a big deal to me. It seems to pull in light well at or after shooting light. I haven't really put it through any abuse yet so can't weigh in on zero retention but for $200 I think you'll be impressed. I don't know how the turrets would hold up though to constant spinning.

Thanks for the info. This reticle is the "Deploy MOA" reticle so no Christmas tree on this one like the FFP scopes have. I will probably just use the hashes on the reticle rather than dialing, just to be safe.

Flaboy

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the market for a new scope a few weeks ago and the Nitro was on my list but I read and watched videos saying the turrets were mushy, there was some play in the turrets which would lead to the marks not aligning perfect and that the clicks werent very tactile. I ended up going with the Forge in 2.5-15x50 FFP. The turrets are tight, align perfect and the click are audible and tactile. I was patient and was able to find it for $425 when they normally run $800-$900.

OP
M

mvrk28

WKR
I was in the market for a new scope a few weeks ago and the Nitro was on my list but I read and watched videos saying the turrets were mushy, there was some play in the turrets which would lead to the marks not aligning perfect and that the clicks werent very tactile. I ended up going with the Forge in 2.5-15x50 FFP. The turrets are tight, align perfect and the click are audible and tactile. I was patient and was able to find it for $425 when they normally run $800-$900.

That's a good deal for the forge. I don't think that the turrets are mushy on the nitro after using it. They're not as tactile as my Nightforce SHV but definitely not mushy. They don't line up perfectly on zero though, which is annoying.

The clarity at 16x is not what I would like but it's better than what I would expect for an optic at this price. So far I would say I am happy with the scope for the price I paid and the extras that were included.

WKR
I picked up one of cameralands 200 dollar 5-20x44 to play with. I am going to stick it on a .300 wby to try it out.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Bumping this thread. Curious about these scopes, not for dialing. Probably the 2.5-10x44.

I have the 2.5-10x44 on. Tikka 308. I’ve hit and killed everything Ice shot at.

7f1d120fea7035b1405048853b859d93.jpg

I dialed this buck at 330 yards and hit him exactly where I was aiming, prone off a pack.

The lines on the windage don’t line up, who cares. The turrets turn as Is expect them to.

It’s a heavy scope, I’ll likely upgrade to something lighter at some point.

cb0a156707d5096a17719c0d0930cd97.jpg

315 yards, held over.

1e4e9a0bd52c52df8b643286e3337a15.jpg

115 yards, easy money.

I have 4 of them and Love E'm, I dropped one on accident and it landed on the on the bell of the scope hard enough to knock the paint off , still held zero