Bushy LRTS / Zeiss V4

Vandy321

WKR
Have worked my way down in price on optics somehow...started with S&B, NF, Kahles...now my favorite scope is the Bushnell LRTS at the recommendation of a fellow rokslider. Very solid scope. I have good eyes and I honestly can't tell a dif in glass quality except from the S&B. The LRTS tracks flawlessly, returns to zero everytime and I just really like it.

While not a heavy scope in the 4.5-18, it is 28oz for the illuminated version. I am in the market for a ~20oz optic in similar magnification, dont care if illuminated. Swaro Z5 is off the list as its not known to be a dialer. Leupold VX series is off the list for similar reasons and the MK5HD is too heavy for what I'm after.

Looking at selling my LRTSi for the new Zeiss Conquest V4 in 4-16x44, can't find a bad review on it, i've tried. Anyone who's owned both, is the zeiss going to be as good/reliable as my LRTS? Would hate to drop 8oz of weight only to start to question my optic choice. The zeiss is about $400 more scope, but that doesn't always tell the story.

Last edited:

Honyock

WKR
If you're looking go to Red Hawk Rifles website and look at their demos. I picked up a V4 4-16x50 with illuminated reticle for $819. The V4 4-16-44 is the same price.

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Thanks, still doing a bit of reading up of older threads and seeking opinions on this new upgraded V4 before I pull the trigger.

cooperjd

WKR
Thanks, still doing a bit of reading up of older threads and seeking opinions on this new upgraded V4 before I pull the trigger.
what did you find out? I'm going back and forth between another SHV or the V4. the V4 would give me a lot more magnification (4-16x44) versus an older 3-10 SHV in the same weight range. I never like exposed turrets but I don't think it'll actually hurt anything. there's also the husky 4-16 in that 21ish oz range as well....

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
what did you find out? I'm going back and forth between another SHV or the V4. the V4 would give me a lot more magnification (4-16x44) versus an older 3-10 SHV in the same weight range. I never like exposed turrets but I don't think it'll actually hurt anything. there's also the husky 4-16 in that 21ish oz range as well....
Sold the LRTSi, have not shot the rifle with the V4 on it yet, but the glass and turrets seem slightly better to me. I was very happy with the LRTS (coming from a Kahles and an S&B) for the price, my main reason for the V4 w as the weight reduction.