Busy reticles and spotting misses

nrh6.7

WKR
Getting ready to buy a scope and deciding between the Mil C and Mil XT reticles.

I would prefer the mil xt but am unsure whether I'd still be able to spot misses at distance due to clutter.

Does anyone that has a tree type or mil xt reticle specifically notice this as a problem?

Personal preference but the Mil XT is too much for my tastes. at least tree reticles like the SKMR and MPCT lines dont have 6 mil wide clutter directly below the main horizontal crosshair.

Landon4

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have a mil xt reticle but I have the ebr 2c on a razor which is somewhat similar, I don’t have any issues spotting misses. My 13 yo son has used it and was doing his own corrections when he would miss then he got several hits at 1300 yds shooting a 300 win mag.

Landon4

Lil-Rokslider
The crosshairs are on 1000yds at 18-20x I don’t really remember but it’s a razor gen 2 with the ebr 2c
BB9416F7-6735-45B7-B865-4C5488387238.jpeg

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
NF really drives the struggle bus when it comes to reticles. Who really thinks they need/want 3 mils of windage at 1 mil of elevation.....so dumb, LOL

The thread linked below has a handful of pictures for reference. The use of dots instead of lines help to open it up a little, but the SKMR3/MPCT2 do a far better job keeping the center “open”.

So maybe there's a lot going on at the 1 mil holder over. Overall it still seems less cluttered than the horus or tremor, no?

Rock-o

WKR
I learned using a Mil-C and that's what I wanted with my first, recent purchase. Unfortunately, it was unavailable but the Mil-XT was. Though I'm not sure I'll like it I'm sure it will be fine. Or maybe I'll find I should have shopped around more and it'll end up in the classifieds.

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
I learned using a Mil-C and that's what I wanted with my first, recent purchase. Unfortunately, it was unavailable but the Mil-XT was. Though I'm not sure I'll like it I'm sure it will be fine. Or maybe I'll find I should have shopped around more and it'll end up in the classifieds.
Post up your thoughts when you have a chance.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lannyw