Butchering Book

Anybody know of any good books out there on butchering/processing wild game meat? I’m more focused on the cuts of meat and the break down of a hind quarter (example) as opposed to “in the field butchering”.

I’d prefer a book in addition to watching the Bearded Butchers on YT.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
Not a book but I stumbled across a YouTube channel that has several videos that do a great job at showing and breaking down the primal cuts. They go at a nice pace and explain it very well. Here is a link to the whole deer butchering video. They also have a 6 part series going through butchering the different parts of the carcass.

OP
Tips n Tails
Not a book but I stumbled across a YouTube channel that has several videos that do a great job at showing and breaking down the primal cuts. They go at a nice pace and explain it very well. Here is a link to the whole deer butchering video. They also have a 6 part series going through butchering the different parts of the carcass.
Hey, thanks GrayGoose! That’s good stuff! I appreciate that!

OP
Tips n Tails
Just curious. I realize they are light enough however, I usually have to carry 9 -12 liters of water with me vertical (hands and knees going up sometimes) for a multi-day hunt and this year I said the hell with that chair and table hahaha.

I hope you get some good use out of them sir.

see Hank Shaw's book on butchering game. I went to a dinner/book signing/ butchering seminar in Boulder CO a few years ago at Blackbelly restaurant. Not anything earth-shattering but a fun night out. He talked a lot and demonstrated on a sheep carcass the method of "seam breakdown" of game. Said it was common among French butchers but he had not heard many in the world of game butchering use the technique. It is just seperating all the muscles individually.

I have the meat eater books and Hank Shaw's book but for butchering specific cuts of meat etc. the book below is my favorite.​

Gut It. Cut It. Cook It.: The Deer Hunter's Guide to Processing & Preparing Venison

jrm02

FNG

I have the meat eater books and Hank Shaw's book but for butchering specific cuts of meat etc. the book below is my favorite.​

Gut It. Cut It. Cook It.: The Deer Hunter's Guide to Processing & Preparing Venison

This. "Gut It. Cut It. Cook It" is a great resource; I still reference it before hunting season as a refresher.

cs1

FNG
I know this is an old thread, but is the name of the Hank Shaw book mentioned above titled "Buck, Buck, Moose" ?
I'd like a good book about how to do individual cuts and what not (where good steaks come from, chili meat, average steaks, etc). MeatEater's book doesn't really cover that. I have no aversion to watching Youtube but get a lot more out of a book than a video.