Butt Ugly! But sentimental! UPDATED!

oldgoat

WKR
If you insist on going ugly with a metal riser bow, then don't do it half assed! Think I have my deer hunting setup figured out for this fall! Pimped it out with some seal skin on the shelf and strike plate and glued the grip on, stole wife's Great Northern quiver, it attached nicely on the riser. Don't know what it draws at 31", marked 45#@28", sends a 500gr arrow at 170fps! This isn't it, but I had one exactly like it when I was a kid, first real bow, actually have two of them, got my first archery turkey and fish with the other one, but it's in rougher shape!

Attachments

• IMG_20210418_184104230.jpg
    IMG_20210418_184104230.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20210418_182159281.jpg
    IMG_20210418_182159281.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 249

Tradguy

FNG
All I see is a good looking work horse of a bow. I love my fancy wood recurves but something like this is on my list for backpack hunts. My wood bows always look like they have been through hell after coming out of the mountains and this would be perfect. If you start ugly can't get worse lol.

OP
oldgoat

oldgoat

WKR
Let me say my comment was in no way meant to throw shade on the OP's bow or any metal riser. I would straight hunt with his bow without hesitation. That said, for me, no metal risered bow will ever draw me like a wood one can.
Me either, except this bow is exactly like first real one I had as a kid and I want to do stuff I didn't know I could with it, we didn't know any bow hunters. I have like 8 drop dead gorgeous Toelkes in the stable and I'll use my Lynx for elk hunting, but I want to kill a deer with this one!

OP
oldgoat

oldgoat

WKR
Couple pictures of her even uglier twin sister!

Attachments

• DSCN7239-1.jpg
    DSCN7239-1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 56
  • NCM_0071.JPG
    NCM_0071.JPG
    705.6 KB · Views: 54

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
No they are not. They have no soul.
Wood doesn't have a soul either. It's wood. Name one category that actually has to do with the accuracy of a bow that metal is worse than wood at when it comes to a riser.

If you're a romanticist, that's fine but let's not be silly. Wood is an interior riser material in every measurable statistic that matters.

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Not in looks!
Looks are in the eye of the beholder. It's not measurable. Therefore it has no place in what makes a bow superior to another bow. If looks actually begot results then why don't any high level shooters use a wood riser? Busting aspirin at 8 feet is a cute parlour trick but that's all it is .

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Me either, except this bow is exactly like first real one I had as a kid and I want to do stuff I didn't know I could with it, we didn't know any bow hunters. I have like 8 drop dead gorgeous Toelkes in the stable and I'll use my Lynx for elk hunting, but I want to kill a deer with this one!

Then go do it. No one should care what makes someone else happy.

OP
oldgoat

oldgoat

WKR
Looks are in the eye of the beholder. It's not measurable. Therefore it has no place in what makes a bow superior to another bow. If looks actually begot results then why don't any high level shooters use a wood riser? Busting aspirin at 8 feet is a cute parlour trick but that's all it is .
Because the high level shooters have sponsors and "good" wood bow makers don't sponsor! Metal risers don't make a more accurate bow, they make a more tunable bow that can be shot in a more accurate aiming style easier! IE: fixed crawl etc. while still having a tuned arrow

Beendare

WKR
What is that OP? A warf-ed riser?

I go through some of these same arguments myself flip-flopping back-and-forth between a metal riser and a wood riser.

Seal skin shelf eh? I went all out for the shelf material on ny aluminum Tradtech- Nothing but the Best for me- grin.... a $.29 furniture pad... and I cant wear that darn rest out.

it’s crazy how good those work.

-

OP
oldgoat

oldgoat

WKR
What is that OP? A warf-ed riser?

I go through some of these same arguments myself flip-flopping back-and-forth between a metal riser and a wood riser.

Seal skin shelf eh? I went all out for the shelf material on ny aluminum Tradtech- Nothing but the Best for me- grin.... a $.29 furniture pad... and I cant wear that darn rest out.

it’s crazy how good those work.

-

Bear 76'r