Butte Montana Living

pansch220

FNG
Butte America! I’m from butte but moved to north central Montana 12 years ago. Most of my family still resides there. Great food, great people and tons of history! You can drive in any direction and see great country, but don’t forget to explore the town too! The Pit is a bit of an eye sore but still worth going to see once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also very interested in moving to the Butte area of Montana.

@slim23, I am a new user and have read a few of your postings. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to pick your brain on the move west.

Thank you

Butte is about families. So far they have escaped dilution by the visiters. You can be part of the families or be by yourself. Just don't try to change it.

It is part of the land in between Missoula and Bozangeles. Missoula is somewhat tolerable but Bozeman is to be avoided at all cost.

I married a Butte girl and have lived here since 88. No problems and raised two kids here. Most of the folks follow the rules of don't screw with them and they won't decide you need to be modified.

2ski

WKR
Butte is a town it's tough to be a stranger in. Every Butte resident thinks it's friendly because they know everyone. You should see how many people look uncomfortable when yiu say hi. That ain't the way it is in bozeman.

Butte is about families. So far they have escaped dilution by the visiters. You can be part of the families or be by yourself. Just don't try to change it.

It is part of the land in between Missoula and Bozangeles. Missoula is somewhat tolerable but Bozeman is to be avoided at all cost.

I married a Butte girl and have lived here since 88. No problems and raised two kids here. Most of the folks follow the rules of don't screw with them and they won't decide you need to be modified.
My family and I are not the kind of people who try and change others. When and where we do move too, will be the place that has the qualities we want to raise a family in.

slim23

Lil-Rokslider
to say butte it different is for sure! reread the posts about butte rats, butte america .... but as long as you do your own thing and keep to your self you'll be fine. but don't expect a lot of friends or warm welcomes. Nobody likes outa staters. housing is crazy but less so in butte. its slowly coming down. but as far as the center of everything its about perfect for me. dry sage country few hrs south, thick wet country north. country isn't to steep compared to idaho.

to say butte it different is for sure! reread the posts about butte rats, butte america .... but as long as you do your own thing and keep to your self you'll be fine. but don't expect a lot of friends or warm welcomes. Nobody likes outa staters. housing is crazy but less so in butte. its slowly coming down. but as far as the center of everything its about perfect for me. dry sage country few hrs south, thick wet country north. country isn't to steep compared to idaho.
If your interested, I’d like to ask you a few more specific questions about your experience moving out west and your work experience, as I am in the same industry. Would you be willing to share contacts? Thanks