Buyer Beware

Pecosray

FNG
Online Shoppers Buyer BEWARE,
My 1st tag in Colorado so I need a Colorado legal Rifle, I purchased a Traditions Buckstalker from Muzzelloader.com and Brand New right out of the box PROBLEMS... , Never been shot and muzzleloader.com says NO REFUNDS EVER .... and wants nothing to do with it, they said call Traditions..... So I Contacted the Mfg. in Saybrook, CT, Apparently If I don't have the original box and all the propaganda (Which I Don't ) I'm not qualified for a replacement Hello its just paperwork.. (Bazaar right) ....... So my options are..........
A. Send it back to Traditions for repair, it did sound like they would cover costs of repair but that was not clear but I pay for all shipping costs.
B. Take it to a local gunsmith and all costs are on me of course.
I have to say, As a consumer I did not get Warm Fuzzies from either of these company's, I'm not sure if I would have had the same outcome had I bought from a big box store. I guess these are the chances you take when shopping online.
On the other hand, After I get this thing fixed...... I'm crossing my fingers that it shoots true straight and as advertised.

#muzzleloader.com #muzzleloader #traditionsmuzzleloader #buckstalker #tradiltions

Attachments

• BuckStalker1.JPG
    BuckStalker1.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 45
Their website says they accept returns on guns for 30 days if they haven't been fired or optics mounted and have original packaging. I'm not sure how long ago you bought it, but it seems like you're getting a pretty standard response from both considering it sounds like you don't have the box and paperwork. Send it in (what's wrong with it?). Good luck!

OP
P

Pecosray

FNG
Challenging post to read but I appreciate the effort on the hash tags. It helps enhance the flaming aspect of it. I have this rifle. What are the specific issues you’re experiencing?
Rear sight set screw holes are perfect, front sight screw hole are not in line with rear sights.

OP
P

Pecosray

FNG
Their website says they accept returns on guns for 30 days if they haven't been fired or optics mounted and have original packaging. I'm not sure how long ago you bought it, but it seems like you're getting a pretty standard response from both considering it sounds like you don't have the box and paperwork. Send it in (what's wrong with it?). Good luck!
Rear sight set screw holes are perfect, front sight screw hole are not in line with rear sights.

Rich M

WKR
So the front sight is cockeyed? The front pin sits at an angle to the side?

Would take about 15 minutes to drill and tap. You sure you wanna go thru the gyrations of shipping? Easy fix if it is broke.

87TT

WKR
Fix it or find a gunsmith. I would shoot it first to see how far off it really is though.

ENCORE

WKR
Traditions has about the worst CS in the industry.
A hunter I know bought one NEW and it was full of actual rust. Not grease, actual rust.
Traditions basically told him to X off.
He took the rifle into his shop and cut it into small pieces and mailed it to Traditions.

He bought a Knight and is one happy shooter now.

OP
P

Pecosray

FNG
So the front sight is cockeyed? The front pin sits at an angle to the side?

Would take about 15 minutes to drill and tap. You sure you wanna go thru the gyrations of shipping? Easy fix if it is broke.
Exactly, My local Gunsmith will drill & tap $90.00 with all new Remington 700 sights so I should be good to go.

OP
P

Pecosray

FNG
Challenging post to read but I appreciate the effort on the hash tags. It helps enhance the flaming aspect of it. I have this rifle. What are the specific issues you’re experiencing?
So tell me.... I'm guessing you like it and it shoots well ???

fishslap

WKR
So tell me.... I'm guessing you like it and it shoots well ???
Yes. It was my first muzzleloader and it was easy to use and accurate as I needed it to be. I shot a small 4x4 muley with it off hand at 90 yards and that worked out for me (not him). It’s light also. I’ve since moved to patched round ball shooting out of Lyman gprs in both percussion and flintlock, so I probably have more time and kills behind them. My one and done is a custom 58 hawken being built.