WTS ###Buyer/seller beware of swampokie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Brother, everyone including the seller knows you are right. It isn’t even debatable. So, there is no need in trying to keep it going.

FWIW, I’ll go $150 on the thing if you still got it. lol.

OP
B

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
I’ll do as I want to help others from getting screwed by this guy. If you don’t want to read the thread then don’t but I’m sure you can’t help yourself just like everyone else. Lol

TheCougar

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
FWIW, I sold some binoculars on here that I listed as “Like New”. Had some minor wear (less than the scope in the above pictures) and perfect glass. The buyer, who is a long-time RS member, had an issue with my portrayal of the binos as “Like New”. I offered to pay return shipping and accept the refund. He was gracious and paid return shipping, I asked my wife for her opinion, she looked at the binos and said, like many above, that “like new” means if you were to put the item in question up against a new one, the differences wouldn’t be noticeable. Fair point. She was right to side with the buyer. I learned to be more accurate with my language and now I deliberately take pictures of or describe every flaw or potential issue. I resold the binos with more descriptive language and pictures. I don’t know either guy, but based on my experience, I also feel like the description doesn’t match the item delivered. If a seller says “Like New”, I expect detailed pictures or descriptions of any wear that isn’t found on a new scope. Anything less would be deceptive.

bozeman

WKR
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Let it rest, man. You have made your point. Every post you have on this just makes you look difficult to deal with.........it's $215..........move on.

sndmn11

WKR
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Let it rest, man. You have made your point. Every post you have on this just makes you look difficult to deal with.........it's $215..........move on.

I like it. It shows that he is tenacious and cares about principals and has the ability to stand up for them. He is not afraid to put himself out there, which in my experience amounts to a person of integrity. It also would give someone ground to stand on down the road if the situation were reversed. They could look at this scenario and use it to make their point if ever bgbuck sold something and condition was disputed. Transparency weeds out the dishonest and highlights the honest.

gumbl3

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I recommend using the feedback option.. That's what it's there for and will be a place for any future buyer to read your concerns

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This single transaction is going to end up with two members banned.

Little advice @bgbuck153 if mods are locking your threads, don't keep bringing them back up with a new thread.

You got burned, the scope definitely wasn't in "like new" condition, it's a shame that you would have needed to ask for additional pictures. I'm kinda with others that if the seller ain't taking more care in the presentation pictures of the scope, I don't know that he takes much care of stuff.

At this point the bases are covered. You left your feedback. It's a shitsandwich. Sometimes you just gotta eat it. Especially if you send money F&F.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I don't know either member but I do recall some posts by one of them that were enough for me to not want to deal with them in a transaction. People usually tell their stories here willingly.

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK... It was clearly a scam. Seller should be banned.

If its not a bad deal then just refund an re-sell it. Should be as easy as that.
Clearly he knows he was over paid and doesn't want it back.

Jon Boy

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are both acting like little girls lol you initiated a sarcastic snarky comment in pms and hadn't mentioned a refund until you got the same snide comment back and then you got butt hurt lol if you would of just been up front and asked for a refund it seems the seller was willing to do that until you started running your mouth. And now here you are crying some more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You guys are both acting like little girls lol you initiated a sarcastic snarky comment in pms and hadn't mentioned a refund until you got the same snide comment back and then you got butt hurt lol if you would of just been up front and asked for a refund it seems the seller was willing to do that until you started running your mouth. And now here you are crying some more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I completely agree here. When someone says to me “you should learn how to...” my immediate reaction is GFY. Don’t talk to me like I’m your child. If the buyer had come at this without being an A-hole I bet we wouldn’t even have heard about this.

That being said, this is a lesson to everyone on here. For 20 dollars in shipping the seller could have made this brain damage go away.

gbflyer

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Once saw a sign that read something like this:

“Don’t cling to a mistake just because it took a long time to make.”

NoWiser

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually appreciate this post. I missed the other thread and now know to avoid the seller. Anyone who would list that scope as "like new" is someone I don't even want to consider buying from. Had cooler heads prevailed on both ends, the outcome would have been better, but it doesn't change the fact that the seller flat-out lied about the condition of the scope.

I bought a very expensive pair of binoculars on here with the understanding that the lenses were "like new." When I received them, it wasn't the case. The seller had thought the lenses were replaced as the binos were still sealed in the bag after being serviced. I couple respectful messages back and forth on both of our ends and a very fair solution was agreed upon that saved us both money. Acting like a mature adult is always the best course of action.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I appreciate the original post. These other posts are getting annoying and will probably get you banned.
I’m not doing business with swamp because he sounds like someone who doesn’t want to make things right. I’m not doing business with the OP because he sounds like a whiner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swampokie

WKR
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
I completely agree here. When someone says to me “you should learn how to...” my immediate reaction is GFY. Don’t talk to me like I’m your child. If the buyer had come at this without being an A-hole I bet we wouldn’t even have heard about this.

That being said, this is a lesson to everyone on here. For 20 dollars in shipping the seller could have made this brain damage go away.
This pretty much sums it up. Anyone that hasnt been happy with something i sold in the past has received another for replacement or their money back. Really not too concerned with all the entertaining posts that have came since my last visit here. I dont live my life through forum posts and certainly dont live my life for handles on a screen. I have met a few fellow roksliders and they are good stand up people. The OP is certainly entitled to his opinion and it seems there are many that feel bad for the awful screwing he was dealt, also their right. I personally dont give a rats ass what is posted on here by members that havent dealt with me personally and for the ones that have dealt with/met me i hope i left a better impression of my character with them than the OP "victim" left for me.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.