Buying a day pack - carrying a side arm

amerimono

FNG
I'm having the same issue. Thinking about buying either the stone glacier avail, or the kuiu venture 1800. Need to figure out a good way to carry my pistol. These ideas are great.

lars

FNG
Great to see what others are using out there. Have been battling this question as well the past few weeks.

hcaudle

Lil-Rokslider
For OP’s original question, the Sitka Apex pack works great for a daypack where the waist belt rides high enough to use a paddle holster for a glock on your pants’ belt.

Thanks all for the replies and great advice. I ended up going with a GS chest holster. I would imagine that it's similar to the Kenai Chest Holster but only about two-thirds of the cost. I'll test it hunting in two months but for now, I would recommend it.
How long did it take to get your GS holster? I ordered one a week ago and checked in with them this week (email and v-mail) but haven't heard back yet.

This is my drop leg, the top goes thru the pant belt and the bottom strap goes just under the crotch. Top of pistol is just below the pant belt. There is no problem with pack hip belt interference and no problem wearing this rig comfortably for a whole day.

View attachment 85410View attachment 85410

These type rig are fully adjustable and will fit a wide variety of handguns.....that is a full sized pistol with a mounted weapon light. Has a spare mag pouch which can also hold a light or tq if you carry your spare on the other side.
Who makes this holster? Condor?

Sleorna

Lil-Rokslider
For a do it all day pack/meat hauler check out the pop up series from mystery ranch. To solve the kenai holster and bino harness dilemma, just combine the two and have the best of both worlds. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• KIMG1797.JPG
    KIMG1797.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 26