Buying “Demo” Optics

I can save about $150 buying a demo of a rifle scope I’m looking for.

Anyone here any good or bad experiences purchasing demo optics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forest

WKR
Buy from a reputable dealer and it will be just like new. You should still get full warranty anyways. I always look for demo or holdover products first.
I did buy a pair of binos once that were supposedly new off the shelf but had quite the gouge in the glass so someone got their hands on them somewhere along the line. Warranty covered it and away we go, so things can happen whether a demo or not....

Looking through glass doesn’t wear it out. Demo glass should never be a problem as long as you still get your warranty.

OP
General RE LEE
Looking through glass doesn’t wear it out. Demo glass should never be a problem as long as you still get your warranty.

10-4. I guess my concern would more if someone aggressively spun the turrets or did some sort of durability test lol

Have had no issue on two demo products, one which was alpha glass. Definitely look for it as an option over new when browsing.

I was in the market to buy some Swaro SLC binos and instead some like-new demo Swaro EL 10x50s came up for sale about $500 off retail. Best buy I've made on glass, that's for sure. Just make sure the seller is reputable and it should be good to go.

pbcarch

WKR
I have bought demo Swarovski atx spotter (lens and eyepiece) from 2 different reputable retailers. In Swarovski case they are demo straight from factory and labeled as such...no issues for me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
General RE LEE
What about “factory blemished” optics?

Motown

WKR
Just bought a Zeiss V4 4-16 demo from Redhawks for $699. The scope looks brand new and I doubt it was ever really used as a demo. You can find some good demo deals out there!

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Just bought a Zeiss V4 4-16 demo from Redhawks for $699. The scope looks brand new and I doubt it was ever really used as a demo. You can find some good demo deals out there!

Don’t let out the secret! I check red hawk monthly, gotten some great deals from them and their customer service is top notch.

Elk Horn

FNG
For me, the first option is always a demo. Look for a a reputable dealer and research brands factory warranty.

I've bought several demo/out of the box items from Cameraland. I haven't had a problem with anything so far. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

RHR280AC

FNG
If buying from a reputable dealer you will have no worries with demo glass. I have made some great
purchases in the past and your product should still be under manufacturer warranty. I hope this helps
in making your decision.
Rg

Montero

Lil-Rokslider
I have a refurbished Nikon Fieldscope spotter that I've use for over 10 years and I've never had any issues with it's clarity or performance.

6.5x284

WKR
My BTX and 15 SLC's were demo. You would have never known they were touched. Honestly, if you wait until after the show season is over in a couple months, you will see a lot hit the market. I look hard from February on, and you'll start seeing them available as the big shows come to an end.

I bought a demo scope for a good bit off the new price. It carried the same warranty and guarantees as brand new. I’d do it again in a heartbeat