Buying Idaho Non-resident tags in person

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have any luck doing this?? Apparently you can just go to Idaho get in line anywhere tags are sold opening day and bypass getting a "random" # on the website. weird.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
a friend tried this. Drove over from Spokane-WA.
Was 27th person in line, 1 hour prior to sale start.
Tags opened for sale. By the time he got to the counter, his #1 choice of unit sold out the A tag.
He did get an alternative unit though, and the last unit tag at that!

another friend & I tried online again, in at 9:33am, NADA.
I don't think we'll ever be able to hunt ID archery elk as buddies again.

OP
E

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
That might be the kind of posting that you research for yourself and keep to yourself. Just a thought....
lol I agree 100%, but I'm bitter about not getting a tag and trying to help out the ID economy. Instead of 30K people waiting online, lets all drive out there in person and make it a black friday day/week event. Really just wanted it to be fair.

OP
E

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
Sure, you can. But you're still competing against all those online.
The people in person are not getting a random #, they are getting a number in which they line up at the door then getting to purchase tag instantly over the counter. Maybe competing against 500 people online and other retail outlets.

Rob5589

WKR
The people in person are not getting a random #, they are getting a number in which they line up at the door then getting to purchase tag instantly over the counter. Maybe competing against 500 people online and other retail outlets.
Hmm, sounds like the way to go then.