Buying my last rifle. Help me decide.

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
I have been very happy with my Christensen 30 Nosler and have shot and done load development on my buddy’s Christensen Traverse in 28 Nosler. Both great rifles, mine shoots nice but my buddy’s 28 is the most accurate hunting rifle I’ve ever shot.

I have a buddy with a couple of Fierce rifles and they shoot nice, the one I’ve handled felt a little rough but shot great. No firsthand experience with Cooper or Proof.

KSTiger

Lil-Rokslider
I would get a Bighorn, Defiance, or Impact action, screw a prefit barrel on it and throw it in a chassis. It will be twice the rifle anyone is selling off the shelf and you won’t even need to talk to a real person.

This is the future.
What chassis are you using for hunting?

Do you have any preference on degrees of bolt throw?

Every CA I have owned was a sub 1/2 MOA rifle, but the bolt throw is 90 degrees so your hand runs into your scope when cycling. Cooper I believe is 60 degrees, and Fierce is 70 degrees. Don't know about Proof....with all the endorsements above I'm guessing someone can advise on this

SDHNTR

WKR
Why is a custom rifle off the table when you’re willing to spend that much on a production rifle? Just curious.

Esq

FNG
My Proof Elevation Has a Zermatt Bighorn Origin action. It's a 90-degree throw. I'd probably prefer a lower degree of throw, but it's a non issue with the Teijicon Credo scope I have mounted. I don't know anything about the Proof Glacier except that it costs more than 2x what my Elevation cost.

OP
Mr Drysdale
I ended up purchasing a CA Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC and couldn’t be happier. Timney Calvin Elite trigger breaks at 14 ozs and rifle groups .50” at 100 yards with Hornady 143 grain ELDX’s. Topped with a 4.5-14 x 40 Leupold VX 3 HD with B&C reticle.

Bought a CA .300 win mag this year and it’s really given me a tough time. It’s fun to shoot and not heavy at all. Seems to be picky on ammo and I’ve torqued, cleaned and waited 15 min between shots. Gonna keep at it as I like the gun but WBY and Tikka are my preference these days. It’s never your last gun, my wife would call bs if I said it was my last 😂.