buying online. customer service touches.

boom

WKR
i buy most of my stuff online.

the simplest gesture of communication from the vendor is the best thing. i bought something that was typically backordered in the color i wanted. boom! card got charged and got a purchase verification email..then nothing..radio silent.

i almost forgot about it..then i had to call the vendor because my OCD kicked in. the nice lady said it was shipped already..then gave me my tracking number. with is like 20 digits..full of letters that all sound like "D" we did that "Whose on first?" skit. haha..

"d as in dog?"..no "E!".."G as in George?" no E!!! "E as...err... in emphasis? elephant?" (why can i never remember ECHO?)

we muddled thru it fine..lady was nice as hell. sweet almost.

but why cant a big vender just automatically update the buyer with an email? it's a nice touch.

i even do it if i sell something in the classifieds. simple email with photo of tracking number receipt. boom!

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
I recently bought my wife an Osprey backpack online. A couple off days later I get a PHONE CALL from the vendor saying the pack had shipped, a few days after that I get another phone call wanting to know if everything was okay with the pack. I was pretty impressed.

I am the same way as you..whenever I order something big, or custom, and receive zero feedback from the seller, I bug them for info. I know it annoys them, as they are individuals running a business but I was once in their position.
When I ran an online based business, I had my phone number available and would text with customers who had questions prior to purchasing product. I would then follow up immediately with tracking, and even provided some support after the fact with regards to installation questions.
Was a bit of a time sponge, but I knew that's how I would want someone I was spending my hard earned money with to treat me. This is obviously much easier on smaller scale operations, but a little goes a long ways.

OP
B

boom

WKR
still no update email.

but i AM getting that ubiquitous blitzkrieg of online mailers from the company. so i do know they have my email address. i think i got 3 in one day once.! haha.