buying outdoor gear just got easier. my wife is getting on board!

boom

WKR
my wife has been doing some pretty epic day hikes with her nurse co-workers. they started chatting and want to do some overnighters..they all started researching gear.

now i know how my wife feels..i have gear showing up in the mail.

i'm gonna take her up to some 2 day over nighters..now that we own a good two man tent, etc. :)

one nurse wants me to take her handgun shopping!! i'm gonna pass out with delight if my wife buys a handgun..(one can dream right?)

vanish

WKR
Careful ... my wife has more and better gear than I do now, and buying double tags makes some trips look like a lot more $$$ :D

Hall256

WKR
my wife has been doing some pretty epic day hikes with her nurse co-workers. they started chatting and want to do some overnighters..they all started researching gear.

i'm gonna take her up to some 2 day over nighters..now that we own a good two man tent, etc. :)

one nurse wants me to take her handgun shopping!! i'm gonna pass out with delight if my wife buys a handgun..(one can dream right?)
I wish the nurses my wife works with would do the same. My goal has been to get my wife in to photography so that she would have an incentive to spend more/longer time on the trails....this I hope would turn into an understanding of why I "need" so much gear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You need to get her a good set of optics and make sure she does her day trips into areas that you don't want to waste your time scouting.
Then work on showing her good animals that you are looking for etc. Make sure her nurse friends know how fun it is to spot game animals and show them how to properly glass areas...

OP
B

boom

WKR
You need to get her a good set of optics and make sure she does her day trips into areas that you don't want to waste your time scouting.
Then work on showing her good animals that you are looking for etc. Make sure her nurse friends know how fun it is to spot game animals and show them how to properly glass areas...

you bring up an interesting point. her and her nurse friends..(all single BTW, -not my wife!) took a hike i do to search for local public hogs. they were perfumed, wearing bright ass colors, yacking it up, laughing..they saw and photographed 3 big groups of hogs.

she came back and said, "geez, i dont know why you say it is so difficult"

i rushed out the next day..nada.

True story. My wife and I go into the bow shop a few months ago to shoot the new Defiant and she convinces me to buy the carbon one? Before we left she says maybe I should get one of the left over Defiant as a back up bow?
I couldn't do it.

My wife hikes, backpacks, and sometimes hunts with me so new gear is easy to buy.

OP
B

boom

WKR
True story. My wife and I go into the bow shop a few months ago to shoot the new Defiant and she convinces me to buy the carbon one? Before we left she says maybe I should get one of the left over Defiant as a back up bow?
I couldn't do it.

My wife hikes, backpacks, and sometimes hunts with me so new gear is easy to buy.

wow!!
my story is the opposite..i shot the carbon one, and loved it..my wife looks at the Elite Energy 35 and says.."what about this one?"

loud and clear :) i'm happy with my small pile of gear..my $$ is going towards actual hunts now.