Buying something on the classifieds without enough posts

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen others post on alternative forums asking if a senior member could make a purchase for them....seems to work. Kind of a straw purchase situation.

And should be grounds for getting banned.

It is a really easy way to get banned here.

The classifieds add the least amount of quality content to Rokslide but take up the most of our time.

Anyone who doesn't like the rule is welcome to pay the $50 or buy gear elsewhere.

It amazes me how people complain about this. Robby and Ryan have to pay for server space for everything that is posted on this website. When people post things for sale on the classifieds or reply to those threads, it costs them money. The Rokslide classifieds are full of great gear and some good deals. All Robby and Ryan ask for in return for the privilege of using the classifieds is for people to participate in other parts of the forum.

progpnw

FNG

The classifieds add the least amount of quality content to Rokslide but take up the most of our time.

Anyone who doesn't like the rule is welcome to pay the $50 or buy gear elsewhere.

It amazes me how people complain about this. Robby and Ryan have to pay for server space for everything that is posted on this website. When people post things for sale on the classifieds or reply to those threads, it costs them money. The Rokslide classifieds are full of great gear and some good deals. All Robby and Ryan ask for in return for the privilege of using the classifieds is for people to participate in other parts of the forum.

I never thought of it from that perspective, I figured it was a way to help keep scammers out of the classifieds. You’re absolutely right though. After joining super recently and initially wanting to just ramp posts up to use the classifieds, I found myself scanning through and sometimes contributing to some really good threads. There’s a lot of value here, there’s no question about that. Now I’m more concerned with being a part of this awesome community than using the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChuckC

WKR
Yes I’m running into the same thing. I am looking for a Sitka Tool Bucket pack and a guy told me to check on here. Well I just signed up and making my second post.

Fatcamp

WKR

Yes I’m running into the same thing. I am looking for a Sitka Tool Bucket pack and a guy told me to check on here. Well I just signed up and making my second post.

Did you shoot deer this year? Post some pictures. Tell us about it. Pretty easy.

Michigander1479

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in the same boat. Looking at some good deals in the classifieds but have to wait the 10 days.

pansch220

FNG
Haha I also need ten posts, so I’m going to leave one here.

It only takes 10 posts, just comment on 10 posts and you’ll get approved pretty quickly. I did it a few weeks ago but now I’m addicted for a lot more than just the classifieds!

It only takes 10 posts, just comment on 10 posts and you’ll get approved pretty quickly. I did it a few weeks ago but now I’m addicted for a lot more than just the classifieds!

Thanks for the idea. I am posting some replies. I hope replies count.

New dudes, go to the new guys section and post an introduction thread:

The more you share the more interaction you'll generate.

"Hi guys, 34 year old welder from Idaho Springs. Married 2 kids. Like to hunt deer locally and go out of state for elk most years. Navy vet." Etc etc.

sbooher3

FNG

Thanks for the info. I was wondering why i wasnt able to make purchases.