Buying through gunbroker.com

Has anyone had to file a claim with gunbroker? How did it go.

Found a gun I'm considering but sending someone $3k makes me nervous. Seller has 50 something positive reviews but who knows.

Any tips for doing a gun purchase like this?

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Has anyone had to file a claim with gunbroker? How did it go.

Found a gun I'm considering but sending someone $3k makes me nervous. Seller has 50 something positive reviews but who knows.

Any tips for doing a gun purchase like this?
I almost had to file a claim once. The guy sent the gun to my FFL directly but didn't send a copy of hid drivers license so my FFL couldn't book it in. After repeated attempts to contact him I found the guy on FB and found relatives that I PM'd explaining the situation. They must have reached out to him and he sent his DL to my FFL. That was my worst experience. GB does have insurance though if things go south.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BFR

WKR
Does seller have any negative reviews? Also, you can ask if he’ll accept payment thru an online escrow, you pay into it and when product is received you notify escrow to release payment. Personally I’ve never had a problem on any of the 7-8 purchases on the site. On 1 I was concerned and did ask seller to call me, turned out great.
As for Gunbrokers buyer protection, it’s kind of a waste, max refund is $500 and they have a $100 deductible.

Never had a problem with a seller, buyers are another story. Contact the seller and talk over the details of the potential transaction. That way you both know what to expect from each other.

OP
MuleyFever
Use your credit card!!!!

Its an individual so they don’t take cards. Unless the site has a way but I’m not familiar with the site.

Are there other services than PayPal that would allow me to use a card on a firearm purchase?

dtrkyman

WKR
Never had an issue, the shop I used to work for sells hundreds of guns on that site, I have purchased a few.

Private seller or a shop? Get a phone number and use a credit card if possible.

rodney482

WKR
Its an individual so they don’t take cards. Unless the site has a way but I’m not familiar with the site.

Are there other services than PayPal that would allow me to use a card on a firearm purchase?

just check his feedback then say a prayer