BX-4 Tripod Mount

I’m looking at picking up a pair of BX-4 10x42 but the only thing that has me balling is the hinge design.

Has anybody had any issue using the outdoorsmans mount on the bx4s? I’m worried how far forward the mount would be and it the stud sticks out too far from the end of the binos.

And, no I’m not ever giving up the outdoorsmans mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rail505

FNG
I have this same exact question. Its what has held me off from purchasing the stud already.
I love the bino’s,got the subalpine color way, first “real” bino’s i have ever looked through.
Can anyone comment on the OP’s question?
also got matching 1600 rangefinderD8BFFE7E-9BA8-44C3-98AE-D07F9E8F957F.jpeg

ChrisAU

WKR
Would it bother you if it did stick out a little? It will stick out a little. I would also like the pivot point to be as far back as possible for turning while glassing. I did have a problem with the IPD on 12x50 BX-4’s using the Outdoorsmans stud and adapter, but I have an uncommonly barrow IPD apparently, and that shouldn’t be an issue for 10x42’s. Outside of those things it will work just fine.

mlgc20

WKR
Has worked great for me. I had the Outdoorsman stud on my BX-4 10x50s and currently have it on my BX-5 10x50s. I haven't had any issues. The stud doesn't stick out past the lens on the 10x50's. But, I think it would a little bit on the 10x42s.

OP
S
I ended up getting the BX-4 10x42. The stud sticks out a bit but it’s not too bad. The only part that seems a little off is the balance of the binos with the outdoorsmans. I think I like the vortex a tad more in that regard. And, the vortex is much easier to attach on the bx (one of the reasons I didn’t like the vortex was considering how much of a pita it was to attach on center bridge binos, esp with gloves on).

I’m probably going to keep the bino stud off unless I plan on doing some really heavy glassing and then I’m going to compare the outdoorsmans with the vortex

But, the Bx-4 are sweet. Definite step up from C1. I really like the light weight. I don’t even know I’m wearing them.