BX-5 Santiam vs Zeiss Conquest HD

I just bought a new pair of Swarovski slc 15x56 eating most of my new optic budget. I am selling my old vortex vulture 15x56s and am looking to upgrade my not good diamondback 10x42 optics. I am contemplating between zeiss conquest hd 10x42 or leupold bx-5 sanitams 10x42s.

Does anyone have any input on the subject. No one around here seems to have them to compare. I had used bx-4s in the past and those weren't terrible. Any suggestions?

OP
N
I finally got to look at some BX-5s. The glass looks good but the eye cups are bad and I could not get them to adjust/feel good to my eyes.

I had vortex vipers and was looking to upgrade to Zeus’s conquests. I didn’t love them. For $400 more I didn’t see the Benefit. Later that year I saw Leupold had a rebate for a carbon fiber tripod with the bx-5 purchase. Frankly I love my bx-5s. They were worth the upgrade rebate or not. Very bright and super crisp. The diopter doesn’t move too easily on you either. I have noticed the eye cups move back in sometimes but I didn’t think it was too bad. I looked through the conquests and didn’t see them

Where did Tracy come from ivr never heard of them? Is it really better? How’s the warranty with their stuff on par with Leupold and vortex? Is the tract Toric the bx-5 level of competition?

In addition to the binos already mentioned I’d highly recommend trying out the new Maven B6 10x50. Maven did something pretty special here with a 50mm having the form factor and weight similar to 42mms. The specs are impressive and some well respected optics aficionados have given them very high marks. I bought a set that I just received and played with a bit today - very well built and very sharp/bright optics. They are a definite improvement over the B2s, and I like them much better than the B1.2s. Will take a while to sort out how they perform in the field, but so far they’ve generated a warm smile.

I recently bought a paid of Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42, there amazing. Before this I had bought Leupold bx5 and sent them back! I had previously had a pair of bx2 cascades which were amazing, and the be frank I didn't see much of a difference in the bx5s, maybe it was just my eye but honestly wasn't impressed with them, for the price aswell. On a hunting trip a friend of mine had the Zeiss conquest HD, absolutely stellar for the price. My opinon and being a leupold 'guy' I'd settle for the Zeiss, you won't be dissapointed.

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoy my BX-5 15s but as other have said, the eye cups are not as nice as my Razor 10x42s. Bigger, father apart (I close my binos almost all the way), and not as cushioned. You could probably get used to it or may not notice, just something to think about.