Bye bye Garmin

CorbLand

WKR
Okay, so based on what you have posted it is $305.00 to initially get into a Satpaq to have it up and running; not $1750.00 as stated previously
Please, go read the previous posts I have made. I even bolded it for you. If you want the CHEAPEST PER TEXT option, you have to outlay $1750 for the messages up front.

Based on that, you can run an inreach on an unlimited plan for nearly three years before you break even so if you send more than ~270 texts a month on your inreach, its cheaper to have an inreach. My response was in that their pricing is not that much cheaper than an inreach like was stated.

Please, go and point out where any information I have posted in this thread is incorrect, like you stated.

Oh please, I simply recalled one insignificant piece of information incorrectly. I also never referred to what you said. The implication within this thread has been that Satpaq was more expensive than Inreach. That simply is not the case. Initial costs are actually similar, with Satpaq being slightly less; with costs over time being cheaper. But then I will admit, my experience with Inreach CS could not have been any worse than it was; so I discontinued my service with Inreach, but the Inreach CS rep had to make the disconnection process as painful and drawn-out as possible with several attempts at ridiculing me. As such, I don't see ever going back to Inreach. In short, I am not a fan.

CorbLand

WKR
Oh please, I simply recalled one insignificant piece of information incorrectly. I also never referred to what you said. The implication within this thread has been that Satpaq was more expensive than Inreach. That simply is not the case. Initial costs are actually similar, with Satpaq being slightly less; with costs over time being cheaper. But then I will admit, my experience with Inreach CS could not have been any worse than it was; so I discontinued my service with Inreach, but the Inreach CS rep had to make the disconnection process as painful and drawn-out as possible with several attempts at ridiculing me. As such, I don't see ever going back to Inreach. In short, I am not a fan.
That is fine. Nothing wrong with not using a product that you dont like or a company that did you wrong but when you say that I am incorrect or my claims are bogus when that is not true, I am going to defend myself and stance.

In all honesty, I never paid any attention to who said what. I simply responded to what I read. But of course you are going to defend yourself. But I think we both want the same thing, the truth about each product be posted.

11boo

WKR
Zoleo is another start up with satellite texting. They offer a fixed phone number which is different from garmin.